Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material statuses should work only at PO not at PIR

Ramesha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created one material statuses with error message..

I have created Material using that material statuses. at the time of purchase requisition and purchase order it is showing ERROR message..

Its ok fine.

But the problem is, the error message is coming at the time of purchase inforecord(mE11).

my requirement is the error message has to come only at the time of purchase requisition and purchase order not at the time of Purchase info record.

i have checked all screen layouts,but no use.

plz help me

thanks

ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

from MM side you have at list three view

1) basic view

2) purchasing view

3) accounting view

if these not mainatin you will get error

In PR and PIR also

PIR nothing but combination of Vendor and material as you know

IF Material code not mainatin well then why you expect PIR for same

maintain Material code propelry first

Regards

Kailas Ugale

Ramesha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for ur replay.

I have maintained material master correctly with material status ex 03(material status).

i have created 03 with error mag only.

My question is for that material the error message has to come at the creation of PR and PO not at the time of PIR.

My PO wont create with out PIR. If i go to create Im getting error message for that material.

I want That error message only at the time of creation of Purchase ordee.

In standard SAP is it possible to set like that?? or how can i set??

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained material master correctly with material status ex 03(material status).

as per me it will appicable for all

try this

dont create PIR at plant level give only material,vendor and purchasing organization only while creating it

Regards

Kailas Ugale

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go again into that cusotmizing of material status.

put the cursor to the field where you entered a B for error message in purchasing.

Press F1

Read the last sentence in the field help.

SAP clearly says it effect ALL purchasing activities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your question is regarding the maintainance of plant material status in purchasing view,might be you have blocked for procument ,so it is giving error while doing pr and po,but in me11 also it will give error because as the material is blocked for procument you cant maintain info record for that material this is standard functionality.

But my question is if you are blocking for procurement why you are making info record for that material.