cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material sorting in F4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 3 materials and descriptions as 444100---SIlver,444300-Aluminium ,444500---Bronze..

In the sorting of materials,say in MM02, If I am entering 444* and enter F4, THe list displayed is

444300----- aluminium

444500-----bronze

444100---Silver.

Is there any possiblity to get the lsit of materials as

444100-----SIlver

444300-----Aluminium

444500-----Bronze..

i.e I want th system to sort the material based on the material codes not based on the material descriptions..

Please help me out..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you hit F4 & the pop up appears, just click on the material nos. column header & it will sort in ascending order. Click again & it will sort in dscending order.

I guess one additional click shouldnt be much effort

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

I am aware of that.. But I want to know how to have that material number sorting by default..

Experts..please reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create your own search help by append customer-specific search help for material master MAT1_A_APPEND.

1. First you need to create a view via SE11 In the view, you put the material number as the first field.

2. Then you create your own search help. Go to SE11 and choose radio button Search Help. Choose elementary search help. Enter the view you create in step 1 in Selection Method. (you may want to copy from standard search help such as plant material - MAT1W).

3. Last but not least, you tie the elementary search help to collective search help of material master. There is MAT1_A_APPEND search help that you can include your search help so that it will appear in the search screen of the material.

Consult with your ABAPer. It is not a development but required a little bit of techy stuff.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While you wait for....

Experts..please reply

here is another simple solution which should meet your need.

When you hit F4, the very first option would be - Material number / Material Description, select the same & hit enter. Once you get the list, right click inside the list & select - Personalize. A pop-up box appears, in that give material nos. a value of 1, followed by description as 2.

Now click ok & continue, close the pop-up boxes & click on F4 again... the list will now sort by material nos. first.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

THis is cool.. but will this be specific to a particular user or it will be global..

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be user-specific. If you want it to be global, then you can make a copy of that into a custom one & re-arrange as per your need.

Go to SE11, specify MAT0M in Search help & you will get the details, you can make a custom one by re-arranging them & then you can use it in F4.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

I dont know what is the purpose of Quoting the words " Experts pls reply".

Do u mean to tell something.. I know it will not be that time consuming to type it rather to quote it..

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A quote is used when you want to quote a person's comments AS-IS.

In this case i used it simply because, if you read back your response, you acknowledged the input provided stating you know it & also asked for the Experts to reply.

Hence i quoted your statement & while you wait for the Experts to provide you input, you could evaluate the alternative.

Hope it clarifies.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh...Is it.

THanks for educating me about Quoting..

Answers (0)