Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material rebate not accrued after VBOF run

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

VBOF run did not udpate the accruals to the material rebate agreement.

Following are the actions performed:

a) Created a sales flow till invoice.

b) setup the payer relevant for rebate

c) setup the rebate agreement for the above mentioned payer

d) Please note, rebate agreement validity period is within the date range , the invoice was created.

e) Ran VBOF for the created material rebate.

While checking the rebate agreement, I do not see any acrrual generated . Is there any reason behind it?

When we do the same thing for  a customer rebate, accural got updated.

Why the accrual has not added to the material rebate ?  Can you guys advise on this.

Thanks

Sank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,
if you setup Payer relevant for rebate AFTER the creation of the invoice, then the billing document is not presetn in table VBOX. Hence VBOF ignores it.
As reported in SAP note 75778 after change of payer rebate relevance it is necessary to rebuild VBOX by transaction OVB3.
Attention: the execution of OVB3 causes all opend rebate agreements set retroactive. No matter the selection criteria.
Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Futher to Ivano, I may be wrong but still, Please check you have activate rebate for Sales Organization, Billing Document Type also. I guess You might have done by now.

Regards

Murali

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

Yes, we had activated the rebate processing at the sales org & billing type level already. Only the customer level was activated after the invoice was created.

Hi Ivano, Thanks for your response.  Looks like there will be an impact by running OVB3. Can you advise them ?

Also, please note when running customer rebate after running VBOF , we can see the accrual got added successfully.

Thanks

Sank

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if the invoice is created after the payer has been set relevant for rebate, then it updates VBOX, and rebate agreement normally.

But for invoice created previously it is necessary to run OVB3.

The impact is the one already mentioned, and remarked in the note: all the existing rebate agreements became retroactive.

So after execution of OVB3 you should run VBOF for all exsiting rebate agreements.

Best regards,

Ivano.

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

In our case, all the rebate prerequisites (sales org, billing type & customer set for rebate relevant) were set but the rebate agreements were created with the past date.  so only VBOF is required here however it did not update the billing documents with material rebate condition type . Do you have any suggestions.

2) In one another scenario, we have a customer rebate for a recipient X . And material rebate for the same recipient X. This is retroactive agreement only so VBOF is required.Here when I ran VBOF using the material rebate agreement , no update has happened to the billing document with the rebate conditions type & no accrual happened in rebate as well.However when we execute the VBOF for customer rebate , we were able to see the accruals got updated to both the agreements .ie;customer rebate & material rebate.

3) In VBOF transaction, we can see posting date & FI doc type. What should be the posting date & what does FI doc type mean ? Which document type we should be using ?

4) After VBOF successful run , if there is a change to the accrual, there  seems  to be an update to the accounting document. what does this mean ?can you provide an example? In some rebate final settlement accounting document, I can see many entries with Zero values. what does this mean? what should be structure of rebate accounting document?

Sorry for many questions and thanks in advance.

Regards

Sank

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sank,

please run pricing analysis in the billing document that should be updated by VBOF, but it doesn't.

Is the rebate condition found by the analysis ? If yes, are you using any custom field in the access sequence table ?

When a billing document is updated by VBOF, the rebate condition is added to its pricing, and the accrual must be posted in FI. For this reason VBOF generates an FI document. The posting date and FI doc-type are used for the creation of the FI document. The note 456458 point 10 explains the meaning.

Best regards,

Ivano.

shanum19
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ivano,

Thanks for your response, Problem we are facing is that my billing document does not show up in VB0F (even when running with test mode checked) when executing using Material rebate agreement type.  I am not sure why is this happening?

When I run VBOF using customer rebate agreement type, I can see the billing document show up .

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards

Sank