cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have a query. in my material master basic data 1, i maintained the base unit of measure as KG, and gross weight is 12kg and net weight is also 12kg.

my sales unit is case and coversion is 1 case eqals to 12 kg.

when i am creating sales order for 1 quantity, the gross weight is coming to 144kg. infact it should be 12kg only. how it is happening. can any one please suggest me the best practice.

regards

rag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rag

Go to material master, select "Additional data" and click on "Units of measure". There maintain 1 in "X" tab, Case in "AUn" and 12 in "Y" tab, Kgs in "BUn".

Now maintain your pricing for 1 case and create sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Base UOM is that in which the stocks are managed. You have not explained about your product. If it is an article then, define the Base UOM as EA or PC etc., which specifies it as a unit and then the gross and net weights can be maintained. The Base UOM is multiplied by the gross weight to give the wieght of the case.

Since you have specified 12 KG for each case - it multiplied 12 with the gross weight of the Base UOM (which is 12 kgs in yur case)

It looks very confusing, but please go thro this again and you will understand the logic. Please change only the Base UOM to EA or PC and observe. Everything works fine.

Thanks,

Ravi