cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned a number range 100000000- 109999999 for raw material type ROH & Group( Raw material).

When i am creating the material its taking number 10000000 but the current number is changing to 100000009. I have to go & change current number to upload through LSMW.

Can anyone let me know what can be the possible reason for the current number.

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi umakant,

I am clear with what you are telling. But i want to know is there any way to have the material number created sequentially without skipping the inbetween number, if any material has not been created even after entering mm01 & selecting a view.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i dont think there is any way to avoide this

SAP system is designed in such a way that it will assign a number first and then at the time of saving it will confirm that number.

Reward if inforation usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John

This is due to the buffereing that is set for the object :MATERIALNR.

use t.code :SNRO and give the object :MATERIALNR

there you will see that

No. of numbers in buffer- 10 ( This number determines how many numbers are reserved in the application server buffer for the intervals.)

If you make this number as 0 and then try to create the material master then i think you will not face problem.

Hope this is clear to you.

Regards

sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i give 0 in main memory buffering than when i am entering MM01 , selecting view but not creating the material,than also the current number is changing. This time it changed to 100000002. The current number should have been 0 as i have not created the material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

what SAP does is that when u create material with internal number range it assigns the number before saving the material

so the counter goes +1 even though u have not created the material

Say u have curent number 123456

u start creating material put the first screen material type indistrial and click enter

on clicking enter system assign next numbe 123457

and the counter for current number change s frm 123456 to 123457

u dont save the material and comes out

when u go to creat next material then ut will take 123458 and it will miss 123457 completly

hope now its clear

reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got the object MATERIALNR but in the object the buffer check box is ticked & buffer is 10. Do i need to do any change. Please suggest

Thanks John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when u maintain buffer of 10 more than 1 user can create material same time as diff. numbers get assigned to then whereas if buffering is 0 only one person can work at a time.

For ur material i hope u have maintained internal number range.

My suggestion is not to change buffer.though it creates confusion about numbers

If u cancell buffering u will be able to create MM serially ie.number sequence will be followed properly

Vishal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

For info, the table which store object number range is NRIV.

Erwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can u specify the number range object.

Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi john

all this happens just because of buffering u have set in SNRO

Check SAP notes Note 62077 - Info: Internal number assignment is not continuous

for more info

Vishal,...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl check buffer in SNRO for number range. it must be 10.

sachin