cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master not maintained for st.location but LT01 post transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using Distributed WMS system and  we  have 2 storage locations for plant 2310  in WMS. One is 0010 and SP10. Material master is only maintained for 0010 and not maintained for SP10. But when I post the LT01 transaction with 521 movement and SP10 storage location it allows to post the transaction. is there any option to auto  extend material master for storage location SP10 if we post LT01? or Is there any restriction possible to avoid the posting?.

Thanks

Nisar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it sounds contradictory.

First you said, that you did not get an error when you do LT01 with a receiving location which is not yet maintained for your material.

And then you ask if there is an option to auto extend a material when doing LT01.

What was your experience after you had confirmed the TO? Did you then get an error that the location does not exist or was the material extended to this location in the background, or do you have an inconsistency now, means LQUA shows location SP10 while MARD has no entry for SP10?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

No error at the  time of TO confirmation. Material was not extended after TO confirmation.

LQUA shows entry with SP10 but no entry in MARD table.

Regards

Nisar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are both storage locations linked to the same warehouse in T320 ?

How does MMBE show the stock?

Are you missing a step here? You do LT01 first in your WM, but how do you communicate back, does this fail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned earlier, ours is D.WMS. Both storage locations linked to same warehouse. we post LT01 first in WMS and then it creates MBGMCR IDOC .This IDOC posts material document in ERP system. In ERP system we have settings to create storage locations automatically so It extends material to storage location and post the GR. so it shows MMBE correctly. there is no failure. only issue is we do not have change pointers set for auto storage location create so this materials are not interfaced to WMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could check your stock in mmbe and ls 26 and tell me what is the status of the stock which we have created,

I think one negaive quant will be created in interim  storage and one positive quant would be in the destination storage type.

if possible then share the screen shot for the same.

I think there should be a pcn created because you are creating stock transfer from one storage location to another storage location. so please see pcn using lu04

Regards

Rashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I am posting  goods receipt without reference. there is no quant in interim storage either positive or negative. MMBE shows stock available in 2310 , SP10 storage location and LS24 also shows the stock in 2310 SP10 under storage type. both the transaction are complete.

we face problem only when DN is created in ERP and DN IDOC fails in WMS saying material not maintained for plant , sloc..

regards

Nisar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see this OSS note for a solution:

1904419 - No change pointers written for ALE in case the storage location is created automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this will sort out my problem. But I am not sure why there is no checking in WSM whether material is maintain is storage location or not. while debugging I found that sap checks Plant, storage location and warehouse in case MINWM field is set. i.e. T340D-MINWM. so not sure this is relevant for my purpose or not.

Thanks

Nisar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so. It is used for direct deliveries in LEAN-WM - where you do not want and need any stock.

Answers (0)