cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master Deletion Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

For few materials which were there in the system just 1 day before, today I am getting message " Material 512342 does not exist or does not activated"

How and where I can see the log, want went wrong in 1 day? or who must have deleted the material?

Can anybody guide me here please..

Thanking You,

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if they were really there, means you have seen them in MM03 yesterday, then they could only have been removed with an archiving run. This can be traced in transaction SARA with object MM_MATNR

If you click the job button then you can know if there was an archiving job.

using the administration button can show you if an archive was created.

If this material was only created and the user saw a status message telling that material 123 was created, then this does unfortunately not tell much, as this message is actually issued before the material master is physically saved to the database. Here you should check SM13 if there is any posting failure which would offer more details to know why it failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for such a excellent solution. I have done the task as you said. After clicking on "JOB" button getting message - No Archiving Job exist.

I have checked for MM_MATNR only.

But I am sure that, material master was there as 2 days before i have updated some fields for that material but today getting this message..

any other possibility to trace?

Kindly Advise. Thanking You,

Regards,

Ravi

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check your all other datas are fine. I mean other material numbers (like as 512340, 512341, 512343, 512344 etc).

shankar_kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data is not visible is only possible if it is archived or not created.

check the tables MARA, MARC etc.

Check sub Transaction of material - MM60,

If some PO data or info record is created you can check the corresponding tables or transaction  - Me2M, ME2L, Table - EKKO, EKPO.

and Last try to create the same material - if is allowing to create it means the material is not there in the current system.

\\ Hope this will help you in the above issues.

Thanks,

Shankar Kumar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this an issue in the production system or is about a test system?

background: there is a customizing transaction that can erase material master from the system, but this is only possible in a test system.

if you dont have authorization for AUT10, then you may ask a colleague who has this and could do a analysis for you. Your authorization team can certainly help you and tell you who has the authority (if it is used at all since it collects a lot data which must not be left unattended)

There is basically not much more to check.

It has either failed to be stored despite of success message --> see SM13

or was archived --> check SARA

or was created an a different system/client --> check other systems where you have access

There is no other standard case that a material is not present anymore.

if it was this report to delete test data, then it is just gone, it is a SAP report to clean up data e.g. from test loads in a material master migration and it does not leave any trace

if someone deleted it with some irregular methods, then you may still find some rests in less known tables like MSTA or MOFF, which can at least be an evidence that it existed.

If you had already created some depending data, like source list, info record, PO, BOM , then it is even better as evidence.

But without that I doubt that you ever find any evidence that it existed nor any about who deleted it and how was deleted.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Referring all the above answer seem to there is no material created in the PRD server. you can check all the registers like ME2L, ME2M, ME1M similarly check all sales document also. if the item exsit then it will reflect any where in the report. or you not yet created the item. i am sure.

Best regards

Tamilvanan R

0 Kudos

Hi,

check whether there is any blank space at the end in material number you are entering.

BR

Deepak Mankeshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

no there is no blank space at the end of material...

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check you are in correct client or not ?

The message shows either you have not created the material or there are any archive process has done in the meantime.

You can find a log when your material has marked as deletion or set as blocked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Thanks for quick revert. I am in same client.

How to see log?  I am entering the material no in MM02 and getting this error..

How to see log?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you get the message "Material 512342 does not exist or does not activated", that means either you are typing a wrong material number or the material is archived from your system.

Check t-code MB51 or EKPO table, is there any transaction happens for the material ?

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Check in AUT10.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

I do not have authorization to AUT10. any other option??

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't find any logs (Instead of Archive log), if there are archive process has done in your organization.

Please consult with your other MM consultants for the details of archive process.