cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Group and Source List

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to give Source List requirement only for a Material group.

So that for Materials belonging to that Material Group alone, source list requirement becomes mandatory.

Is it possible to control Source List requirement at Material Group Level.

Grateful

INFNRR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matnr,

In SAP we have a choice of creating source list for a "Material Group ". Following is the method.

You may have the outline agreements related to material group rather than a single specific material - For ex. outline agreement with a item category M( Material unknown) or W ( material group).In doing so you can decide wether to exclude or include certain materials of the relevant material group by means of the source list.

To create the source list for a material group proceed as follows.

1) On the outline agreement overview screen,select the items for which you wish to enter the source list record & choose Item --> Maintain source list

2) To exclude the particular material keep the "Exclusion" indicator set against a material with a validity period.

I hope this will be useful to you.

If so reward points,

Vivek Maitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Vikrama & Kiran for Responding.

I Understand that Source List Setting is only at Plant Level or Material Level.

But I have requirement. to restrict Source List to a specific Material Group only.

Is there a way or is there a possibility or a workaround to control Source List at Material Group Level.

Grateful

INFNRR

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can use the user exit.

By using the user exit u can check for

material groups & source list tick

in mm01

Former Member
0 Kudos

for the material group make all the vendors as FIXED VENDORS so that you cannot get material from other vendor in the same group.

Eg there are 20 vendor in the material group. go to the source list for the material and fix the vendor.

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Source list requirement is controlled at plant level and material level only.

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

i mean to say that source list is influenced only at plant level and material level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think you can set the source list at the material group level but it is standard that can be set at Plant level and material level.

Thanks

Kiran