cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create a material, exactly like one of my existinh material, am=nd extend it two three palnts.

What is the step by step proc?

I am trying doing it by MM01, copying from existing material, during views selestion which views do i select ?..i am selecting the views of parent material..but actually they should only get defaulted as soon as i try to copy that material.

In the same process Copy from..plat sloc.. to plant sloc comes...what to put here?

And than i want to extend that material to several plants?

Regards,

Satyendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage Location Stock view gets updated when you do a GR for the Material

Regards

Merwyn

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can Create Material by Referring Copy From Field. Go to MM01 and in Copy from Field give Old Material and Enter then Next Orgn levels Popup will come Give your old Material Plant & Stor locn in Copy From Fields and in Plant & Storage locn fields give your New Plant Name & Storn locn and Click on Select Views and Select the Views as per your Requirement and You can default the same for Next trxn.

Just try this and revert back in case doubts.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to add storage location stock and plant stock in mm view? Plant stock has been updated due to PO creation.

Regards,

Satyendra

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you Mean by Stock Addtion to Plant & Stor Locn????

Stock can be Updated in Two Ways Either by Doing GR for a Purchase Order.

Or Thru GR With out Purchase Order using MIGO / MB1C 501 Mov type.

Ofcourse We can also Update Thru Initial Upload MB1C 561 Mov type. But, This can be done only at Go Live Stage.

In any of the Above Cases Stock will get Updated and the Same Can be Seen in Material Master Plant View.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you create material with copy from old material at that time system take only those view which are available in old material code.

The standard process is,

enter MM01,

Enter old material code in copy from field,

Then select industry, material type and press enter.

So system display list of view detail, select view as per your requirement and click on continou button.

Then enter plant and storage location detail in copy from plant, in this area system display only those plant and storage location which are available in old material. Then enter detail of plant and storage location for new material and press enter.

System take all detail from old material, you have to maintain manually detail which detail is not available in old material.

Then press on save button.

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you create material in MM01 with reference to an existing material, then you just copy data from the "old" material.

This copy from does not decide which views your new material shall have, the view selection have to be done by you yourself for each new material.

Further in the fields like copy from plant you should enter a plant number that has the data you want copy from.

Without entering a plant number there, you just copy data from client level, but no plant specific data.

So you have to repeat the creation 3 times if you want the new material be created for 3 different plants.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos