cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data configuration for new implementation??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

As i wanted to do configuration for new implementation project , what are the basic configuration has to be done for master data in MM..???

Like material master, vendor master , and info record ??

Explain me here without any links . I hope for master data standard settings is enough in SAP or hav to do more ??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In master data like material master, vendor master you see several fields. Every fields has business importance or requirement. When it comes to material master every module consultant has to decide what fields are they going to use for thier requirement. Especially PP and Fi consultant needs to finalize thier fields and MM consultant will handle the material type and valution class and other groupngs like Material group.

Then you need to look at info record and sourcelist where very less config is required.

regards

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

AS MM consultant , we have to do material coding and number ranges planning and screen layouts ??

So can u explain me on this ..

ANd in where exactly we have to do auto updation of INFO record settings ??

former_member225662
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Default setting for autoinfo record creation you can do it in OMFI Txn in the Indicators tab. But you need to create the Inforecord for the vendor & material combination and maintain price for it for the first time if you craet the PO(auto).

Regards

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

When it comes to screen layout of material master, you don,t have to do anything. Incase if client wants to make some fields madatory then you need group those fields in field selction group in OMSR and make it madatory against transaction, or material type or plant in OMS9.

When it comes to info record update indicator. It has no help. From ECC6.0, it updates info record price history. It never updated info record price.

regards

Antony

Answers (0)