cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass updation of already existing cost collectors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We are using back flushing scenario to declare production of almost 1000 SFGs. Our finance people use to do costing for all these part codes on monthly basis, i.e. on the last date of current month for next month. Now the problem we are facing is that they are OK with costing for all these part codes, as it can be done in mass thru CK40N. But it becomes very tidious job to update the cost collector, one-by-one, thru KKF6N. KKF6M is useful only in case, where new cost collector is to be created. But not for to re-update the already existing cost collectors. So it will be of great help if any body can suggest me a way out, where I can feed in all the part codes in one go and update the existing cost collectors for new month.

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mitul Rathod,

Check if MF30 can help you to meet your exact requirement.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mangalraj,

Thank you for reply. I've checked MF30, but I think that is for to create fresh new Preliminary Cost Estimates for cost collectors. Where as I require a facility to update already existing cost collectors.. what do you suggest.

Regards

Mitul

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mitul,

I tried to carryout a preliminary cost estimate for the existing product cost collectors using the

transaction code MF30 and I'm able to make it.

Please check once again and update your observation.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please let us know why you are updating the PCCs?

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

As I said, we are using backflushing scenario for production and also our financial period cycle is monthly. So costing has to be done on monthly basis, and if PCCs are not updated, system will not allow to declare production thru backflush.

Regards

Mitul Rathod

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mitul,

If I remember correctly, then calculating the preliminary cost estimate for the PCC would not be

required to carried out periodically.

Also please let us know Whether the REM profile supports posting activities is based on the standard

cost estimate for material/using the data from the preliminary cost estimate for PCC.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

sandeep_praharaj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mitul,

As per my Understanding MF30 will fullfill your requirement as suggested by our expert  Mangalraj.S   pls see attached screenshot

input the data material ( material list for which you want to Rerun Preliminary cost   

plant                                                                          Estimate)

costing date

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Kumar Praharaj

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mitul,

As per my understanding , PCC needs to be updated only when you have changed BOM/Rate Routing and when you are backflushing the activities using standard cost estimate through setting in REM profile, then you need to run costing every period.but PCC need not to be updated, Also preliminary cost estimate does not effect on any valuation of Goods like Standard cost estimate.

@ : Correct me if am wrong.

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitul,

Why don't you try BDC Recording. You can have all the input data in an Excel file, mostly a comma seprated file. All you have to do is:-

1.  Record the desired transaction using Tcode SHDB.

2.  Convert the recording to source code.

3.  Upload the input file using GUI_UPLOAD function module.

4.  Feed the recorded source code with the input file data.

This can help you upload mass data in one go and with all the standard validations in place.

Let me know if you require more details.

Thanks,

Arash.