Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass structure and table Inconsistencies after upgrade

snursalim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm on an upgrade project upgrading system from R/3 4.6 to SAP ECC 6.0 EHP4. After the upgrade, apparently there's a mass inconsistencies that happen in the table. There's at least 1000 table which can be activated because of this inconsistencies between runtime and DDIC based on the checking run using program RUTMSJOB.

I've tried applying note 1248769 but it does not fix the problem. I've also tried the mass checking and activation feature of report RUTMSJOB which also does not fix the problem.

Has anybody encounter this problem before? What's your solution on this problem?

Here's the pic of the condition of the table in my SE11

http://img683.imageshack.us/i/64131370.jpg/

Here's the inconsistencies which is found:

http://img375.imageshack.us/i/47550099.jpg/

Kindly note that the same error happen even after I implement the note correction 1248769.

Thanks

-Suwardi-

Edited by: Suwardi Nursalim on Jul 9, 2010 9:40 AM - Change pic link.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suwardi,

please inform which actions you took in SPDD and SPAU - this is key for a problem like yours.

Did you have a transport request ready with modifications from a previous upgrade? Please check these notes:

#68678:  Exporting modification adjustment for second upgrade

#610311: Importing modification adjustment in second upgrade from 620

Lastly, did you run the upgrade with latest sapup version AND latest upgrade fix?

Now in order to fix the problem, you'll likely have to restore from backup and perform the upgrade again. Alternatively, please check note #1406740 (are you using IBM's DB2 as your database?). If you faced the problem described on this note (which points to errors in table DD03L during EU_IMP2 phase), you need to apply FP8 like on this note.

Then you could proceed like the following to fix the problem:

1. Restore the backup from phase MODPROF immediately before the downtime including the /usr/sap/P01/upg/abap directory

2. reset the Upgrade with report RSUPGRES

3. clear the upgrade directory

4. Start the upgrade from the very beginning after installing Fix Pack 8 for your database.

Please let us know if this helped.

Tomas Black

snursalim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Exactly what SAP replied to me on my customer message. Am trying to replicate my upgrade with the fixes right now. Will let you now again later.

tomas_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suwardi,

what's the number of your CSS message? (I'm a SAP employee and I can follow your message

This procedure is toilsome unfortunetly, but somewhat common to happen in DB2.... but usually the results are very satisfatory and customer eventually are able to finish their upgrades w/o issues

Please keep ups updated.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

snursalim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

My customer message number is: 0000577945. I think it's being handled now by your colleague. We've passed the ACT_UPG phase right now and the DDIC number on table DD03L seems correct now, although we do still have some table which can not be activated. My concern is I don't know whether or not the number of entries in DD03L can be a proper measurement on the problem being solved because during the first upgrade we didn't keep count on the number of DD03L entries as the problem might start after the ACT_UPG phase no? Right now my message is on the SAP's side waiting for resolution on what to do about some of the activation error we've found. Is it related on the first problem or not? Which action should we take to proceed, repeat, or abort. I really appreciate your attention on this, the message has been on SAP dashboard for a day. Thanks

Suwardi Nursalim

tomas_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suwardi,

I see your message is on the hands of our Development Support. There's no better advise than theirs

If you don't mind, please post the solution for the community to have access in case they face similar problems.

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

snursalim
Participant
0 Kudos

As Tomas said,

The problem is caused by unexpected rollback which makes the entry on DD03L not generated. The SAP note solved the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you read the last line in the note?

If this does not eliminate the inconsistency, 
create a CSN message under the component BC-DWB-DIC-AC

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you performed SPDD/SPAU ?

Thanks

Sunny