cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Source List Maintenance Using LSMW/SRCLST01 IDoc

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to build an LSMW to perform mass source list maintenance. I setup this LSMW to do the work via the SRCLST01 IDoc. This process works perfectly if the Material/Plant combination doesn't have any existing records. However MOST of our materials already have a source defined, which I want to REPLACE OR MODIFY the existing Vendor validity period. I can not figure out how to either DELETE or REPLACE existing source list vendors. I keep getting the error "Please Reconcile Source List Records", which occurs because there is existing records that overlap the record being entered.

The IDoc has a field on MSGFN (Message Function) which is in the E1EORDH header, which appears to be a control flag to trigger a delete, replace or append. However, this field does not appear to be regarded by SAP at ALL. I am not sure what this field is supposed to do.

Anyone know how to deal with this situation? I really do not want to write an app to DynaPro to go through all these records and clear them out.

Thanks,

Kent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

Thank you for your efforts with my question. They are greatly appreciated.

In the end I found transaction ME07 which allows me to bulk clear out existing Source List entries on materials. Then I used my LSMW to import the new Source List entries via the SRCLST01 IDOC. This is working for me and I guess I will go with it. I would have still preferred a process where I could do it all through the LSMW, but i will take what I can get!

Thank you!

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the response Jurgen.

I have been trying to match the ZEORD field in the E1EORDM segment to the EORD-ZEORD field in the current source list record. HOWEVER, this does not seem to be working. If I for example wanted to delete a record. Do I use 003 in the MSGFN and the only value I put in the E1EORDM segment is the ZEORD value?

Additionally, I am curious how you would know this, because I made this assumption based on speculation. I could not find ANY documentation on the SRCLST01 fields other than what is found in WE60. Is there documentation out there that indicates this requirement?

In order to make sure I am clear, I have prepared a video of the situation I am experiencing. You can watch it here: [http://www.screencast.com/t/5wIx7vOacHG|http://www.screencast.com/t/5wIx7vOacHG]

Thanks!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice video!

I remember that I changed source lists years ago with IDOC method from LSMW, I have never tried to delete.

While doing this I used a Abap select statement in LSMW to find the right record from EORD and did then a move-corresponding from EORD to E1EORDH and E1EORDM segment and then continued with moving the new values .

I just tried deletion in my Q-system system, created an IDOC with ME08, then used this IDOC in WE19 and changed the function to 003, but unfortunatly my system dumps because OSS note1389182 is not implemented. I dont have a sandbox system to apply this note, and our transports to the Q-system have to made thru Solman system with a lot docu and a tied approval procedure, so it will take me about 4 hours to get it fixed. Sorry its too much effort, and we dont have a business case to use this IDOC currently.

looking at the content of the IDOC that was created thru ME08, the ZEORD field has leading zeros

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keep an eye on table field EORD-ZEORD.

if you want update/modify an existing record, then you have to include the ZEORD number to identify the right record