cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass retirement of Assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Can anyone adivise as to how to carry out a mass change of asset retirement. I was told I can do it thru a worklist, but what are teh steps to follow:

Thank You in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if Authorization process is taking more time then you can go for TCODE : SCAT Alternate way of doing mass retirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried Tcode SCAT but it appears that it is not supported by SAP version 6.0, when creting a new one it tells me it does not exists

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was able to get Work list working by adding agentsin Tcode OAWF. In order not to get the authorization problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For Authorization you have to contact the Basis team. they will give Authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I am able to get to WL fine, I am able to run teh report via AR01 fine,

but when I press release I get a message not a hard stop error that reads

"No Administrator found for task"

Any idea? do I need workflow set-up for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To carry out a mass retirement, follow these steps:

1. Use an asset report to create a list of the assets to be retired.

2. Create a worklist.

3. Select a purpose for the worklist:

- Retirement without revenue

- Retirement sale (with revenue)

4. Enter the revenue distribution.

5. Process the worklist. Or edit the worklist before releasing it.

Hope this will help you.

still you need more clarification please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but I tried doing that but when I release it it gave a mesage at the bottom that said do not have authorization, when I did SU53 the tcode said it ran succesfully. What kind of authorization do I need?

Also do I have to create a validation and substitution I read so much on line that it always guided me to create substitution and also workflow. we are in 6.0

one more question, when I go into teh regular Tcode to run retire assets i click on the icon with more info, a box appears at the bottom to add multiple assets, but I can only enter about 7 at a time, the past button is gray out. any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

You will have to first create a substitution in Asset accounting for mass retirement. Go to transaction GGB1 to do that.

Once you create the substitution, you can create a worklist using transaction AR01 and in there assign the substitution you have created.

You can execute the worklist using transaction AR31.

Please help yourself with the SAP help documentation on this function.

Regards,

Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos