cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Data Import Failed for planning upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to upload Material Planning Data through Mass Data Maintenance - Material Import Utility.

Import Utility shows "Successful" but the values i have updated in template are not reflecting in material planing tab.

Successful Log

Data updated with 0 0 0 (reorder, target, safety)

Post Update check, system still shows 1 2 1 (reorder, target, safety)

Material Master - Planning setting

Template Snapshot

Can anyone suggest the issue?

Am i going wrong anywhere?

Regards

Vishal Kambare

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

It is not possible to nullify a value of parameter in Material Master Data. In this case, your requirement is to nullify the Safety Stock for materials. This is not possible using Mass Change or Migration or through Mass Data Maintenance functionalities.

Basically, using Mass Change of Materials, Mass Data Maintenance or using Migration, you can modify a existing value or add a new value to the parameter but its not possible to nullify the values due to technical constrains. 0 is always considered as a null value. Hence it is not possible to change any parameter to zero (0) using Mass Change.

Regards,

Anurag Nath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag for exact reply

I considering your comment & start manually modifying details.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts...

Please assist on query.

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

I cannot also update  Safety Stock Quantity if the value is zero. It works as expected with other quantities except zero.

You should raise an incident.

Best Regards,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Are you trying to add new planning details for an existing material?

If yes, then to add adding new planning details you have to use Migration of Materials with Migration mode as Enhance already Existing Records.

The scenario of adding new Planning Details to an existing Material is a Enhance scenario and Mass Data Maintenance is for Update or Modify scenario.

Kindly check at your end once.

Regards,
Kopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kopal,

I am trying to modify planning details to existing material.

I have been told that to modify material planning details, Mass Data Maintenance is the best way in my old SCN query (by Mr. Ralf & Mr. Roth)

For adding new planning setting, i have to go through Migration Template.

Thanks for reply