cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change Task List Description?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning people,

In our system, numerous materials have multiple routings, because it is possible to produce it on multiple production lines. We have now added a production line; now routings over production line X (using Workcenter 1X and Workcenter 2X) have been changed in routings over production line Y (using Workcenter 1Y and Workcenter 2Y). This I have been able to complete succesfully using CA85n.

However, in CA03, I encounter problems changing the Taks List Description. The task list description still displays "...... Line X", even though the routing is changed into a routing using Line Y. The "........" represent a product description, and therefore differs for each material.

This description of course can be changed using CA02, but I am trying to find a way with which I don't have to do this a thousand times manually.

Is there a way I can change this using a mass change or something?

I hope someone can help me,

Henri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can suggest 3 options:

1) Use transaction CEWB with working area, SAP_TASK (Suitable if you have a few task list descriptions to update)

2) In case you want to mass update large number a excel upload (input excel containing material number and updated task list description) feature is suggested -> Can be done using LSMW with BDC recording of CA02

3) LSMW sometimes fails and is not so user friendly, in case you want to regularly mass update your routings, you can create a custom Z program with excel upload feature

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henri,

In addition to Caetano, when you use transaction CEWB, select work area as "SAP_TASK". This is help you select task list at header level to make changes in Task List description. You can give input in selection screen and make mass changes in task list.

Regards,

Rohit

Caetano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Did you test transaction CEWB?

BR
Caetano