cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Margin Analysis - Periodic Valuation

Expert
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With recent innovations from Universal Parallel Accounting, do we have now possibility of seeing COGS at actual cost rate in Margin Analysis? In costing-based we had KE27 but as it is not available in Margin Analysis I would like to know if there is a similar alternative.

I'm aware that we can see the COGS split after costing run but it does not reflect any of the COPA characteristics from COGS at the the time of Goods Issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Expert
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are talking about costing-based COPA, goods issue posting has no impact to COPA. After billing is posted, COGS would be available at billing when controlling document is created via profitability segment.

In S4HC, this is using accounting-based COPA. In accounting-based COPA, COGS would be posted to COPA at goods issue (not at billing). In the PA segment, you can find all characteristic value from billing document. You can check the attached example from the posting of goods issue.

I am unsure what the costing run app you are referring, actual costing run ? We are using cost element category 1 for COGS G/L account. Can you find the PA segment in the relevant accounting document ? Is this grey out ? Can you capture some screens for us as reference ?

Answers (0)