cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually closed DN appear with value 0 on sales analysis -> items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

When i manually close a Delivery Note (DN) using Data->Close that DN still appears on my sales analysis -> customer. (using the filter -> Delivery Notes)

However when i use sales analysis -> items i only get the list of items contained on that DN. All the columns (quantity, sales amount, gross profit, etc) are with zero values.

Is there any way of showing those values on the sales report? Or any other report? Is this standard system behavior? Shouldn't the items disappear completely then? What is the purpose of showing them without any further information?

Looking forward to be hearing from you.

Regards,

Sérgio Romã

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gordon,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The business process requires me to close the DN manually:

The customer has something like 4000 employees that are created as customers. Each of those employees has a pre-defined creditline amount. DNotes can be created for each employee until that amount. On the second week of every month i need to close all these DNotes (i am doing this using an addon that runs based on schedule defined in a user table and that closes all DN that meet certain conditions) so that i can add more DNotes to each employee. At the end of every month i have another addon that totals all DN added that month (closed and open) and creates a single service invoice for a customer (defined in each employee).

So i need to close them manually because i cannot copy them to a consolidation partner (release of employee creditline and invoicing occur at the different moments during the month).

My disagreament with the system behavior is the following:

- I get the correct the results if i create a sales analysis -> customer. If they don't result in a sales transaction they shoudn't appear on this report either. (according to the logic you presented)

- Sales analysis -> Item. The item lines appear with zero. Once again, if it is not a sales transaction they shoudn't appear at all (according to the same logic). The system is doing the same thing as if the DN has been copied to an invoice which is a wrong behavior. This is a different situation and the item detail should be visible on the sales analysis report.

What do you think?

Regards,

Sérgio Romã

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two view points for the same transaction.

From customer point of view, it is no problem because they got service invoice.

However, from item point of view, there is no sales at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sérgio Romão,

Welcome you post on the forum.

Why do you need to close those DN manually? If DN is not copied to invoice, it means that is not a sales transaction. That is the reason you got value 0. It is a correct result.

Thanks,

Gordon