cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual creation of plan orders are always firmed ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created Manual plan order using the tcode MD11, When i check the stock and req list in MD04 the plan order generated is firmed .

Now

1. I have not firmed the plan order when i created manually , But why the order is firmed ???

2. Is there any specific reason for this behaviour ??

Regards,

Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the standard behavior of SAP System.

At the time of creation of the Planned Order Manually, if ypou do not want the Firming indicator not to be there, then remove (uncheck) the Planned Order firming in the Creation screen itself.

In general, if you make any change to the Planned Order system will firms it. The same behavior for Creation also.

Best Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva,

But i dint check the firming indicator while creating the plan order .But the paln order is firmed when i check in MD04

Ragards,

Reddy

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of creation of Planned order itself, system will set the check box against the Planned Order (firming).

If you don't want the firming then, uncheck the Planned Order Fiming indicator (Right Side bottom corner of the Planned Order creation screen).

Hope this clarifies..

Regards,

Siva

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, planned order/s created manually gets automatically FIRMED by SAP. It shows * at the end of MRP element/Planned Order number in MD04.

This is obviously a SAP standard function & reason behind could be explained as below:

Normally a planned order (order proposal) is being created by system automatically after MRP run based on the requirement/s of that particular material. But sometimes it's necessary to create a planned order manually, to procure the the materials independently from requirements. In such case, SAP considers that the order proposal is entered by user and do not intend to make any changes to it. And then you now already know that to avoid any automatic changes in MRP, system needs to set 'FIRM' indicator in planned order.

*Also I believe, even if you remove FIRM PLanned ORder indicator in Planned Order while creating Planned Order, system FIRM the order automatically... & put * at MD04.*

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Anup

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For manually created planned orders:

The indicator is suggested by the system when the planned order is created. However, you can remove it if desired.

Standard setting in SAP for manually created planned orders.

Regards,

Sharat

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Planned order is the proposal to make something which is the result of MRP run, with which you may not go ahead also. But if you are creating a manual planned order then the system considers that you do not want any automatic change in it, so it is automatically firmed which is defined in SPRO as Pushpal explained.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Edited by: Alok Kumar Tiwari on Jan 25, 2012 11:05 AM

vasudevap_pushpalas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Check in MRP TYPE Path

SPRO>>>MATERIAL REQUIREMENT PLANNING>>> MASTER DATA>> MRP TYPE Select the line item go for the details

ull find the Firming type there keep 0 if u do not want firmed

With Regards

Pushpalas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

MRP type : P1

PTF: planning time fence

The doubt is if there is exsiting plan order with in PTF then the order will be firmed automatically and the new plan orders will be resheduled out of PTF and they are un firmed , but i have created a manual plan order which lies out of PTF but the order is firmed .

I have not firmed the order when i am creating .

Regards,

Reddy

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer my reply..

Regards,

Siva

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, correct. As you have created it manually so it is firmed. If you dont want uncheck the firming indicator.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari