cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Check Number changes when checks for payment is printed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

Can you help me on this issue. I don't know why it overrides when i try to print the Checks for Payment. It also changes the manual check number i entered in the payment means. Is there a settings that can be set? please advise. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The main goal of manual check number (at the Outgoing Payment) is to register a check that was written manually.

For example: The person in charge of the purchases in the company goes to a supplier and write down a manul check to pay the merchandise.

When he/she return to the office informs the check number, vendor, amount to the registered in the system.

As the check in already in vendor hands you don't need to print again.

SAP Business One will change the (manual or not) check everytime you print it.

In case of you want to assign a manual number you can do it via Document Printing -> Checks For Payment.

When the screen comes up to select the documents to be printed, you can type the number in the box 'Next Check Number'.

Paulo Calado

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. But why does it prompts that the check has been printed when i try to print checks for payment? "It says check is previously printed".Does it means that everytime i add an outgoing payment with check as payment it automatically prints the check?

Edited by: Michael Litiatco on May 26, 2008 4:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the system definition for Check Printing in SAP Business One. The check printing Prodedure details can be found in the SAP Note 903135.

Everytime you print a check the number will change, so if you have a check already printed you can't reprint, otherwise the check number will be overwritten.

Paulo Calado

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

Answers (0)