cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Storage location as mandatory in Material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i am creating a material , i have selected the views Plantdata and storage location data1 and 2. In organisation data system is asking Plant as a mandatory field. I want to make storage location also as mandatory. I have checked thorough field selection but i have not achieved. Kindly suggest me ..... how to make as mandatory.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Each view can be maintained by different people, hence it does not really make sense to make the storage location field mandatory at the org selection pop-up

further, you can maintain as well material types like NLAG through MM01, but NLAG does not have storage location views, so making the field mandatory would not allow you to maintain NLAGs.

And if you do not enter an organisation such as plant or storage location, then you can still access certain views, you just will see and can maintain all the fields that are not organisation specific but located in org specific views.

Try it, you can access purchasing and purchasing text view without plant.

you can maintain storage location view without giving storage location.

If you really want restrict, then you have to make use of a userexit, or transaction variant.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Normally mandatory organizations are due to the field you select. to see basic data-1 and 2 you do not have to give any plant or storage location.So your assumption is not correct. When you want to display/mantain plant level data system will ask for plant.

So if you want to maintain stroage location level data (data in MARD table) then storage location is mandatory. Hope you are clear now

Regards

Antony