cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a user be able to use a custom made transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, we have a custom made Z-transaction and we'd like enable some user to be able to access it, how could i do it. Because now when they try to do it, they just can't

thank you for an advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, at first, i didn't have these options you are talking about, but not because i had no authorizations, but because i was choosing a role that has a "father" in a hierarchy tree, when i finally found out that i had to look for a head branch of the roles tree. I found it and then i saw all these options like "add transaction", so everything seems to be ok now.

Thanx all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all for your answers, but the problem is that i can't see this "ADD Transaction" tab. The first tab i get is the "Description" tab. I must note, i'm directly in QTY and PROD systems and i got problems entering DEV client.

so, any ideas??

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is on the Menu tab.

Under the Menu Icon, you should have c group of icons:

+ Transaction, + report, + Authorisation Default, + Other

Use + transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please note the following.

1. Even in QTY and PRD systems Roles can be changed.

2. Enter the Tcode PFCG in CHANGE mode.( If in Display Mode of a role, this ADD Transaction option would not be available)

3. Once in Change mode go to MENU tab and not DESCRIPTION.

4. in the MENU tab you SHD see this ADD TRANSACTION option.

5. If its not available then check for your Authorizations. ( You need to have change authorizations for Roles )

Let me know your inputs .. and award points if your problem is solved.

All the best

Br,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Custom made Z Tcode has to be included in one of the roles assigned to this User.

IN Transactionm PFCG change the relevant role assigned to the user by adding this new Tcode to that particular role.

May be you can arrive at the decision by checking the roles of this user in the following way.

1. SU01D transaction and the tab Roles would give you a list of roles assigned to him.

2. Pick the relevant FI role where the Tcode has to be included.

3. Go to PFCG and in EDIT mode and in first tab ADD Transaction, added it there.

4. Generate the role and come out of the Transaction PFCG

5. In SU01 may be a User comparisioon is also necessary at times.

Hopefully this shd enable the user to access this New Tcode in Dev systems.

Transport this role to QTY and PROD if all is OK.

Br,

Sri

Award points if answer is heklpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, after adding the transaction to the role, if the transaction does not work as expected, run /nsu53 to display the missing authorisations and pass to your BASIS team to implement.

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) create an authority object

2) assign user to auth.obj.

3) implement authority check in your program

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good morning and greetings,

The authorisation in SAP is controlled through user ID parameters and profile...therefore include that transaction code in one of the parameter and profile, assign it to the user ID and they would be in a position to use the same...This is normally done by BASIS administrators.

Please reward points if found useful.

Thanking you

With kindest regards

Ramesh Padmanabhan