cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Plan - Multiple Frequencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I need to create a Maintenance Plan with multiple items and multiple frequencies. Is this possible ie.

1 x Maintenance Plan

2 x Items

Item 1 - 2months

Item 2 - 6monhths.

What I want is for the 2 monthly to come out twice and then when the 6 monthly is due, I want to suppress the 2 monthly Item.

How do I do this???

Grateful for any assistance.

Cheers,

Liz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

You can also put the Heirarchy in IP11,put 1 for 2M & 2 for 6M.By doing this whenever you get the call object, system will suppress 2M plan & only call 6M plan after six Month.

AR

Edited by: Amit Rana on Mar 21, 2010 5:59 PM

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lizzy,

You can do this with one maintenance item using two strategy packages (2M and 6M).

However, in the standard system you cannot have two independent maintenance items (one with 2M cycle, one with 6M cycle) interacting with each other within the same plan (or in separate plans either)..

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

Thanks heaps for your reply.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I have since posting my question created a 'test' Maintenance Plan using a hierachy Strategy. One item was monthly and the other 3 monthly. I have scheduled the item (in a testing client), and it is showing that the monthly maintenance item is coming out every 2 out of 3 months. When the 3 monthly item is due the monthly item is not being called.

This seems to differ from your response. Can you please confirm.

Thanks again,

Lizzy

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lizzy,

In your original post you mentioned one plan with two items.. You would need to have to have one task list with a 2M package assigned and a second with a 6M package assigned. In this case the two items cannot interact with each other directly.

\with reference to your second post; if you have on plan with one item, and that item is linked to a strategy, then the packages can have a hierarchy setting such that a 3M package suppresses any lower level packages. This is what is happening in you test plan.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems that you have already given the Hierarchy to 3M item higher than that for 1M item in the Packages.

Hence the plan is behaving as per standard process.

If you would have made a Strategy with the Hierarchy same for both 1M and 3M then the task list of Both the items would have been called on every 3rd month.

I believe the steps followed by you have already served your purpose.

Thanks

Manish