cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Plan Field Selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

Is it possible to make field Priority in maintenance plan creation (IP42) become required?

I already check the customizing setting in OIW0 but it's not there.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your explanation Pete!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Pete.

Do you have another idea?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

blue_P one,

No, these are the standard options for making fields mandatory in a maintenance plan. They are also the easiest to implement.

If you want to make this field mandatory everywhere (i.e. global), then use the SHD0 option. If there are certain criteria that must be met before making the field mandatory (e.g plant or work centre), then use user-exit [IPRM0004|http://pjatkin.users.btopenworld.com/documents/PMCSUserExits.pdf].

There are other options, but they involve modifying your system, or building front-end transactions or interfaces.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response!

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

blue_P one

As thyagarajan points out, you can you SHD0 or [IPRM0004|http://pjatkin.users.btopenworld.com/documents/PMCSUserExits.pdf].

You don't need to use both.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Thank you for your answer. I have checked using transaction variant but as to my understanding the variant will be applied using custom tcode. It is possible to make priority in standard tcode IP42 become required using transaction variant?

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if you have to apply in standard T code then use the customer exit

regards

thyagarajan

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

For this either you can use the Transaction variant SHD0 or use customer exit IPRM0004 Maintenance plan / item: Customer check for time "SAVE" to define your own check

regards

thyagarajan