cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintenance orders are created for FL/equipment only ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

"maintenance orders are created for FL/equipment only".

How can i to understander this sentence, i use t-code: iw31 to create a maintenance order, and the 'Assembly' field can be entered. so how can i to create a maintenance order just for FL/equipment only ?

Thanks and best regards,

Ivy Lu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share the message number?

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

It's not a message. i got this sentence from the following information:

Q7: When you maintain an assembly in a piece of equipment, is it possible to get maintenance history of the assembly? Do you have to create it as a piece of equipment?

A7: As maintenance orders are created for FL/equipment only, maintenance history can only be tracked at that level, not at assembly level. Assemblies are mere structuring devices to have spare parts linked to an equipment in a structured manner. However, in PM orders, you can mention the assembly along with the FL/Eq. Depending on your reporting needs, an ABAPer could use the 'PM Assembly' field in PM orders.

Best regards,

Ivy Lu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the information, Maintenance Order will be created for Equipment / FL but not on the Assembly level only. Maintenance Order can be created for the Assembly but the same should be linked with Equipment.

Else it wouldnt be possible. Assembly is for customized reporting purpose. In the SAP standard reports, based on equipment report would be retrieved.

Regards,

Maheswaran.