Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance order restrictions at work center level

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement that Electrical supervisor can able to create Maintenance order with Mechanical Work center,but he could not allow to release the Maintenance order and TECO,because its having Mechanical workcenter and it belongs to Mechanical persons,similarly for Mechanical supervisor also.

can we acheive it through Roles & Authorizations,if possible can explain how.

Its very critical,please let me know your valid inputs.

Regards,

Srinika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinika

You can use the following user-exits:

• IWO10002: releasing an order
  • IWO10004: TECO/CLSDing an order

PeteA

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your promt replay,can we acheive this requirement through Roles and Authorizations.

Please let me know,so that i can go head,with your suggestions.

Regards,

Srinka

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can not achieve this via Roles and authorization.

Br

Rakesh

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

If i change my requirement in such a way that,as even restricting of creating Maintenance order with other than assigned workcenters in the role through Object(Work center) is possible in standard way. It means can i do it through Roles & Authorizations or we need to go for any Development work.

Please give your valid inputs.

Regards,

Srinika

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kotagiri,

Is your planner group same as Work Center?

If yes, you can achieve the same by using the Authorization Object I_INGRP in your role for Maintenance orders or else, you can also track with the help of Work Center at Organization level as per suggested by Maheswaran it would restrict your work center at order level.

Or else try creating new authorization object for Work Center and Order types with the help of basis team using T-codes SU20 (Creating Authorization Field - for field VAPLZ) and SU21 (Creating Authorization Object - I_GEWRK).

Hope this answer is helpful to you.

Regards,

Chin2.

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan,

I have assigned Work center at Organization level and assigned to Role,even though its allowing me Create Work order,for even unassigned Work centers also,

Could you please give any inputs onthis?

Regards,

Srinika

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kotagiri,

Can you just send me the screenshots for all?

It would be easy for me to understand and explain.

Regards,

Chin2.

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinthan

Please find the screen shot at Organizational level leven work centers through PFCG.

but its not at all restricting at wotk center level for that Role.

Please find the screen shot for your reference.

Could you send me with detailed explanation with screen shots.

Regards,

Srinika

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kotagiri,

Sorry I could not upload the screenshots at the moment due to server unavailability, would do that as soon as possible. Also, sorry for my late reply.

As you have not mentioned in your reply or screenshots, I would like to ask you did you try to create authorization field for Work Center? Please try it as I think it should surely work for you.

Also, I would modify my previous answer, please follow steps like these:

1. create authorization field for field VAPLZ (data element - GEWRK) using SU20 T-Code

2. Add this field to authorization object I_AUART using SU21 T-Code.

3. If step 2 is not possible, create new authorization object (namely Z_GEWRK_N or

Z_VAPLZ_NW)

4. Add authorization field AUFART to new authorization object (i.e., Z_GEWRK_NW or Z_VAPLZ_NW).

5. Add this authorization object and/or field to programs: LCOIHFGI and LIBERU05 with the help of your abaper. (You can find these programs listed in where used list for the Authorization Object in SU21).

Please first try to follow Steps: 1-2-5 if not possible then follow Steps 1-3-4-5.

Once the server is available to me I would send you the screenshots for both the procedures.

Hope this would of good help.

Regards,

Chin2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my Suggestion is it is good go with Development only.. there would not be any issues...

Linganna Katigiri

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Katagiri,

Could you explain,how to go with Development with detail.

your inputs are valid one inthis regards.

Thanks,

Srinika

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to restrict Complete Maintenance Order access for other work centers, then you can able to achieve through Roles & Authorizations.

If you want to have only Business Transactions specifically, then you should go for development using above mentioned exits.

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

Thanks for your prompt replay,could you explain with example how can we restrict complete Maintenance Order access for the Work centers through Roles & Authorizations.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinika

former_member200479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

To continuation of my above query,even i would like to restrict it from,IW21,IW32,IW22,IW34,IW38 T.codes,because we have integration Notification to Maintenance Order.So i would like to restict users through these transactions also for other Work centers.

Pleae let me know,what about the already created Work orders,for these work orders also,i would like to restrict users at Work center level,can i able to acheive through "Roles & Authorizations"

Regards,

Srinika

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the roles, you can assign work centers at Organizational level.

In PFCG, you have the option to mention the required work centers. Follow menu Go To - Organizational Levels. There, you can find the option of mentioning required work centers.

rakesh_mane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use below user exit

IWO10009 PM Order: Customer Check for 'Save' Event

OR

IWO10002 PM maintenance order: Customer check for order release

Just in corporate code in above user exit with help of abaper.In such way that it will distinguish the wok center according to to its nomenclature such Mechanical-->Start with letter M ,Electrical start with E.And it will prohibit the user belonging to other work center for doing Release  by adding above check via user exit.

Just discuss this logic with abaper.

BR

Rakesh