cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain the same price for moving average when stock is zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

My company use moving average price for the raw material. When the stock is zero the material price will be Zero. is there any way we can maintain the last price even when the stock is zero. please raise your comments.

Br,

PubuduS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the stock is zero the material price will be Zero. is there any way we can maintain the last price even when the stock is zero !

Where and which one  price you are referring as maintain the last price?

You can keep condition category T (Moving cost) and save in t.code M/06 for condition type (PB00) ... and correspondingly update the changes of condition type(PB00) in t.code:M/08 and save. MAP price of material picks to condition type during creation of purchase order.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Moving Average will not be zero. Even total stock is zero. It retain last MAP.

Eg.

TransactionTotal StockTotal ValueMAP
Before Scrapping3,3929,475.112.79
After Scrapping002.79

regards

Manish

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MAP would not be zero in standard, in case of stock become zero. System will keep the last price for the column Moving price.

Check the OSS note 88305 - Moving average price zero set; no accounting doc.

It explains how it can show a zero price for the field moving price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pubudu,

How your moving average price can be zero for raw material? Initially you have have maintained some value for the material in material master. Is there any transaction that has happened for the material? check MB52/MB51.

Because the moving perice in material master is calculated based on logic: total stock/total value.

Kindly let me know in detail.

Yes you can maintain the last price in MR21.

REGARDS,

Priti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The moving average price get zero automatically when the stock is zero. without doing it from MR21, we need the keep the last price as the same to do the costings of the SFGs and the FGs.

Br,

PubuduS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not maintain price in material master once it is created.

You have to maintain the price in MR21.

As per SAP, moving average price cannot be 0 when the stock is 0. I believe this is newly created material with moving average price as 0 and also stock as 0. Hence, if any transaction happen for this material then the moving price gets updated in the system. This is for your information.

Regards,

priti.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This must be a modification that causes a zero price  after the last goods issue (or the rare event explained in the SAP note provided by Dibyendu - but your story sounds like it is all the time. I have never seen this before in any SAP system I worked with. And I remember a  user who asked in SCN how to get this behavior, maybe this one was from your company .

Check for exits and modifications in your system, ask your elder colleagues who know about modifications from their mind