cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M8121 error in MIRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

while posting MIRO I have added manually the G/l accounts for Cenvat clearing, If i dont add these accounts i donot get any error but if i add these accounts i face the below error.

You have no authorization to make a posting to this G/L account

Message no. M8121

Diagnosis

You are not authorized to carry out this function due to settings in your user master record.

I have maintained the authorization for my user Id but still this error is appearing.

Regards,

Deepa Mangeshkar

Moderator message: Capital letter problem in subject fixed. - Please do not post in capital letters. See our rules of engagement: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-19331

Message was edited by: Jürgen L.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why not looking up the source code?

go to SE91, enter your message number and click where-used button

this gets you usually to the programs where this error is issued

and a double click on the program will show you the place with the code:

AUTHORITY-CHECK

OBJECT 'F_BKPF_BES'

ID 'ACTVT' FIELD AUTH_ACTVT

ID AUTH_ID FIELD AUTH_VAL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir,

I have cheked the same and all the details match with what you have provided but when i manually add G/l accounts in MIRO i face this error

Regards

Deepa Mangeshkar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you said you have this authorization object in your role.

What are the values that you have for activity.

this object has several activities: e.g. 01 create, 02 change, 03 display, 06 delete, 77 park

this authority object further checks authorization groups.

so the authorization group in your role has to equal the authorization group entered in the account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir,

As per my basis consultant he has provided full authorization for that particular object and TCode i.e. * value maintained

Regards

Deepa Mangeshkar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you trust those authorization guys,  I dont , made too much bad experience.

One of the most common mistake they do is that they miss to make a user comparison after changing/extending the roles:

".........You must then perform a user comparison on the User tab page, to automatically enter the generated authorization profiles in the user master record for the assigned users."

you could as well debug the error message and directly compare what values where found for you.

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

totally agreed with you Jürgen   when i had to deal with these guys i ended you knowing more then them regarding authorization object within a week (little exaggeration ) ,

but this time Deepa says she does't find any missing authorization in t-code SU53 so may be it ain't authorization issue. She also says that they have not activated GL based authorization in purchasing for company code.

I didn't find any sap notes for this message apart from one shared above , So Ms. Deepa i'd say go for direct debugging for source which is triggering this message or if problem is reproducible you can raise it to sap support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

Thank's for the reply

We had debugged the source and found out that the G/l account for cenvat clearing had been blocked for posting during MIRO.

Regards

Deepa Mangeshkar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Contact your FI Consultant / the pesron who metions GL account. Mnauel entry needs to be alloed in GL master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shekhar,

The G/l account doesnot have post automatically check box ticked in FS00

Regards

Deepa Mangeshkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check it with Basis Team.

Regards

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check for missing authorization  in SU53 just after you face error and consult with you system administrator.  this is a message number you get if you  have activated  authorization check for PO in OMRP and you are not authorized to use a GL code .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello avinash,

There is no problem in SU53 as i get the message that authorization was successful also there is no tick against my company code in OMRP

Regards

Deepa Mangeshkar

former_member186100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Note 21172 - Account authorization for acct-assigned PO

check sap notes as there  is no customization to bring in this error , so it could be because of program error.