Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LWP adjustment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have two query

1) Currently at my client are following below style of leave adjustement:-

Eg:- In month of January if any employee is absent (means no present details, no leave form and all), salary is fully paid to employee for that month. Then in month of February if still employee doesn't submit leave form, his/her LWP is deducted for january leave & suppose in month of march employee submit the leave form against his leave of January then his February LWP is adjusted by giving him salary of that day in current month.

i dont know how to map this situation in SAP. How to adjust LWP payment and leave details of previous month and paying the same in current month. or else can we change their current process, as my clients are ok with that also.

2) Secondly, currently they have cut-off day at 25th of every month and salary is process for all employee after entering absence details till 25th and all. But in-case some one is absent in between 25 to 31st of month, then how to adjust his leave, absentism and salary in this case. Should or can i pass lwp of previous month in current month, if so how can i reflect it.

My both question more or less may look same. I tired referring to post's of sdn and other cite as well, but dint got relevant way of working out on the same. Request you all experts to kindly help me for the same as im bit new to payroll part of HR module.

Thanks & Regards,

Zara.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. mean there is no record in the month of Jan and feb for absence, so we suppose to run the payroll for him. When we have the records for absence in the month of March, then we should maintain the records with backdates(Retro), system will goes to back(retro) for the month of jan and feb, and adjust the LWP in this month(march).

2. If employee takes the leave(LWP) after payroll run, then system will adjust the LWP amount in next payroll with retro dates incase of your payroll results got posted. Else still more u want to process LWP in the month of (whenever he/she takes leave after 25th to 31/30), then u should get back payroll results to HR system from accounting system.. then run the payroll and postings..

Regards,

Devi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devi,

Thanks for your fruitfull input.

my First question i got the answer correctly from you.

for my 2nd question i wanted to know incase i am adjusting his LWP in next month, so by what date i should pass an entry in system with respect to get him the payment.

Plz help

Rgds,

Zara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain the entries in any of the date as per requirement before your payment date.

former_member792858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For ur second ques., I hope the system will react in the same way. If u put absene for 26-31 on 1st of next month system will run retro payroll and calculate accordingly.

Try and let us know

Nasim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say that; last month leaves want to adjust in next month right? In that case you can maintain the absence record with any date according to your requirement and system also will calculate according his presence in the organization.

Regards,

Devi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What currently we have suggested client is to run payroll on 1st of every month, and in-case of any LWP is their in current months it will be treated as LWP only & when employee applies for leave in next month for deducted LWP, we will be adjusting the same leave details for that day in system.

Wanted to know when we are processing payroll for feb, does system considered leave data entered for earlier month and does payment happen accordingly. how does system react in retro.

Plz help

Rgd.

Zara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will consider the leave data for earlier month only, because you are passing leave data(LWP) entry record for earlier month but not in current month. So, while running payroll for current month, system will read the first; is there any changes in previous period; if yes(changes) then system will adjust the retro in current month(because last month payment already paid), and after deducting LWP amount, and this month payment will happen according to this month(after deducting LWP).

Regards,

Devi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Devi for solving my doubts. will work accordingly and get back in-case i get any error.

Thanks again.

Rgds,

Zara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

worked as per suggestion and also self input