Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody tell me the use of LSMW and can anybody brief me with its concepts.

i dont want the steps but wantto know does it reads a file and then updates in the database table..

n how to execute it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Ya Gaurav,

LSMW is mainly used for the data migration, its automated process like most of the coding is desingend by the system itself just you have to give the proper mapping conditions.....

Mainly lsmw is used for the one time data transfer like master data... its suitable for small amount of data only if the data is in large amount then this method is not prefferable.

in lsmw there r 4 differnet techniques with which you can upload the data

DI/BI method

Recording

BAPI

IDOC

based on different conditions you have to choose the proper method to upload the data.

Lsmw alwasy accepts only .txt files.....

If you need further information do let me know

~~Guduri

manubhutani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot..

u hav cleared my doubt..

can u tell me something about DI/BI method and idoc method..

I will be really very thankful to u..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya Gourav,

In lsmw there r some standard DI/BI objects provided by sap you can use those objects related to your application.

If you are going with DI objects for the text file you have to create the logical file paths...... you have to place the file in the application server and using FILE tcode you have to create the logical file path for the flat file and as well as for the log file.

where comes to the point of IDOC if you are having some interface between the two system and if you want to transfer the data between those systems then you can go with the idoc method and you can transfer the data with the use of idocs.

~~Guduri

Answers (0)