Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW project for asset master data mass change

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

Recently I've created the LSMW project for mass update of asset master data.

The project works fine, master data is updating as expected. But I have strange issue at the last step during running of SM35 batch job program stops at the first master data and is not going further until I will press Save button to confirm the master data saving. I need to press Save in each master data record to make batch job finish.

The batch job was run in "display errors only" mode and since there are no issues in master data I expect job to run in background till the end.

Please see below some screens from SM35:

After this message appears I need to press Save to move to next master data record.

The LSMW project was created with the help of batch input recording option since I'm complete zero in ABAP programming.

I might look like the BDC_OKCODE is missing for Save function, but I have checked my recording and see that it is present (or at leas I guess that =BUCH code is responsible for pressing Save button, since after debugging the AS02 transaction in SHDB this is what I understood)

I have feeling that issue might be connected with some missing authorizations for my user ID in this SAP system, because I created the same project in other system and there it works fine during running of batch input job.

Please share your thoughts how the problem could be fixed.

Thanks

Marianna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanju_ms
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As02 is an EnjoySAP transaction and not suitable for batch input in the background (it expects the GUI).

Search for notes and you should find which transaction to use.

regard,

Sanju

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sanju,

Thank you for the input. Frankly speaking I've never heard about some other transactions for asset master data changes, also I don't have access to SAP notes.

I have created the same project in other SAP system and there it works fine, that's why I was surprised to get such problem.

First of all I will try to create the project again and see if it helps

Thanks

Marianna

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marianna,

I too have faced this issue but in LSMW of other objects. It depends on how you do recording. Try pressing save button and then back button after asset master change. Or after first enter while batch execution , execute next transactions by pressing display errors only (system-services-batch input-display errors only)

Cheers,

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravish,

I did as you suggested, unfortunately doesn't help. It looks like I miss something in my recording, but can't understand what. BDC_OKCODE for saving is there, why system is not executing it..

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bilan,

While Recording you might not  to save Asset ie AS01

and check in ANLA table whether Recording asset has saved or not

with regards,

Prashanth

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth,

Checked as you suggested.I can see that asset master data was changed after recording completed. But this was from the beginning, so it's not the reason of my issue.

Thanks

Marianna

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

So, I have created the similar project from the beginning once more. This time I made one change in the file structure, since during recording of AS02 I noticed that filed "Cost center" appears two times (after change of Cost center I need to confirm the change "Do you want to overwrite the existing time-dependent data?" and then go to next tab). In my previous project I deleted this line, now decided to leave and adjust uploading file structure accordingly.

Unfortunately during SM35 run I still need to confirm changes for each master data by pressing Save button

former_member188916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Marianna,

Can you try and create another recording in the LSMW.

I cannot see anything wrong with what you have mentioned.

Regards,

Sapan

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sapan,

I had several authorization issues during creation of this project and my SAP role was updated few times (authorization object were added). Do you think this might have some impact on the issue I faced? Should I just create the same project one more time from the beginning?

Well, generally project works and this is great, but theoretical necessity to click Save button couple thousands times makes me a little nervous...

Thanks

Marianna

former_member188916
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Marianna,

If you had issue while creating LSMW Project,then it is best to create new project.

I am also not sure technically but you should try once.

Last option is to sit with a ABAPER if the new recording doesn't works for you.

Regards,

Sapan Agarwal