cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lsmw for OX09

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating lsmw with batch input for Tcode OX09..to maintain storage location..

in this particular case I need to maintain 300 "addresses of storage" under ONE "storage location".

so with the BDC we can easily control this flow with the help of programing logic - looping the recording for the "addresses of storage" screen for one particular "storage location"

but how to achieve this in the case of lsmw?? where do we need to add this logic in LSMW??

any suggestions?

Message was edited by:

Dhananjay Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not, if you have looping logic within a transaction it is better to use BDC instead of lsmw.

and otherwise make the recording for adding 1 adress. in you're import you have the 300 lines of adresses which each call the transaction ox09 again and again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smidt,

Thanx for the reply....

But one doubt i want to ask..

As i will proceed with the recording...for one storage location i have to maitain 300 addresses.

So creating one storage location recording shud run only once

while..

creating addresses under it shud run for 300 times..

So I guess above scenario is possible through BDc only?? or else how to achieve the same by LSMW??

What is ur opinion??

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not the same lsmw.

one recording for the creation of the storage location and another recording for adding the adresses. but I guess unless you have a lot of storage locations to create that you just do that manually and only make a recording for adding the adresses .

but why do you want to use lsmw if you already have a bdc program ??

kind regards

arthur

Message was edited by:

A. de Smidt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

thanx for ur reply.

I just wanted to know which of them is better LSMW or BDC..

Well in the above case if we have two separate recordings to run.........how the storage location and the storage addresses for that particular location will get interlinked??

Message was edited by:

Dhananjay Patil

former_member186143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you make the recording you must use the keyboard only.

so when you have 300 adresses for storage location XXXX

you have in you're import file at least for every adress row the storage XXXX

you position it with shift F7 and select it with F9

otherwise you can also look if there is a BAPI available for this that is always recommended above lsmw and bdc

but if you have already a bdc programm running why change to LSMW ?

LSMW is mainly used for 1 time imports and when there are no abappers at hand.

you make a programm for it when it becomes to complex or when you need to use it multiple times over the years.

kind regards

arthur

RIU

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

asish_behera
Explorer
0 Kudos

For address go to table view and change it to 'other view'.

this will work.

tried and tested.

thanks