cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lot Based Calculation of Processing Time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello –

In one of the request from the user, he is asking for lot base production routing. For example: Discrete manufacturing -> routing -> operation no ‘190’ -> operation detail settings -> Machine time: 600 Min, set up and labour is 0 -> Base Qty: 1000. So with that calculation, if I have production order of say 4500 Qty, system will calculate total processing time as (600/100) * 4500 = 2700 Min.

While the fact is machine (Furnace) can only take 1000 pieces at a time. So ideally production will be in 4 batches (i.e. 4 batch of 1000 PCs and last batch of 500 PCs) and total processing time will be 600*5 = 3000 Min. And this difference of SAP set up and shop floor reality causes scheduling and cost variance. This logic requirement is only for few operations within routing. For all other remaining operations, logic described above is perfectly fine since they are not restricted work center (furnace).

Any suggestions to map this situation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

avinash_sharma
Active Participant

Hi Raj,

From your requirement it looks like you do not want to compromise with your capacity of the work center. 

Let me know if I get you correct, in your case you want your scheduling to be based on the Capacity only. That is if say, your Furnace is operational for 12 hours a day(9 A.M to 9 P.M) that means even if you have 1 KG to be processed, this furnace is going to Work for 12 Hrs !! Well I feel hazy over this !!

It will be helpful if you can tell what will happen if  4200 Kg is to be processed through Furnace ? Is it like Furnace is going to work for next 600 mnts more after processing 4000 Kg !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys –

Let me explain same scenario with additional details:

Here furnace takes fixed amount of time. Irrespective, whether you run it full or partial. In my example: I said furnace can take 1000 PCs and machining time entered is 600 Min. So whether you put 50 PCs or 1000, furnace will take 600 min.

The way SAP is working right now is: let’s say there is production order of 4500 Qty. So system will calculate total processing time as (600/1000) * 4500 = 2700 Min. While the fact is machine (Furnace) can only take 1000 pieces at a time. So ideally production will be in 4 batches (i.e. 4 batch of 1000 PCs and last batch of 500 PCs. Sometime if last batch is having very few parts then they level qty for each batch) and total processing time will be 600*5 = 3000 Min.

And this difference of SAP set up and shop floor reality causes scheduling and costing variance. This logic requirement is only for few operations within routing. For all other remaining operations, logic described above is perfectly fine since they are not restricted work center (furnace).

I hope this help in understanding request…

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I guess, you can try using the Workcenter formulas.

SAP help document has an example that resembles your scenario -

Check the link below - check the last node: Formulas - Example formula for Annealing furnace -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b1/c03e4a439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

You can also refer to a brilliant work from Özgen Canan -.refer to the link below.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13284677#13284677

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil -

This seems to be helpful answer. Unfortunately, I both of the above scenario not fullfill my requirement completely or if I have not understand it correctly. I will need formula like this,

(operation qty / base operation qty ) round off outcome multiplied by machining time.

But I am wondeing how can I round off outcome of  (operation qty / base operation qty )? Is there a way?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

How can I round off outcome of  (operation qty / base operation qty )? Is there a way?

You can try using the ROUND function, like...

• (ROUND(OPN_QTY/BASE_QTY))

(operation qty / base operation qty ) round off outcome multiplied by machining time

• ((ROUND(OPN_QTY/BASE_QTY))*MC_TIME)

Or, you may even try INT or MOD functions, if needed.

Please refer to the screenshot below, showing the list of possible Operators, Functions and Operands in Formulas...

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Senthil -

I am trying to put formula like this,

ROUND ( SAP_09 / SAP_08 ) * SAP_02. But SAP gives error saying paramter ROUND is not defined. So should I have to defined parameter? I thought this is function SAP understand..

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Sorry about that.

The table/screenshot refers to CAPP standard values (which are set up as Master data, and need some more master-data like characteristics, to be maintained)... please refer to the links to access the details and try out.

Let's explore more.

Regards,

Senthil

Anupam1143
Active Contributor

Hi

You can maintain the lot size dependent in house production time in work scheduling view.

check at your end.

Regards

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anupam for your reply.

I would appreciate if you can please explain this option in more eloborative way...

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Does anyone have answer of this question?

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did not get where is the issue. If you have set the base quantity as 1000 and you are getting a production order of let say 500 unit then accordingly system will consider 500 and will calculate the processing time for 500.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari