cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Text in PLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question concerning text rows in PLD: I made some predefined text using tab functionality to get a nice table, an example is shown beneath:

Aantal				: 
(Vel) Formaat			: 
Aantal etiketten per vel	: 
Kwaliteit			: 
Gommering			: 
Prijs				:

After the double dots the customer can define info. But when I try to show this on the lay-out, the tabs are gone and changed into blocks, so my whole lay-out is worthless.

Can anybody tell me if there is a way to show this in a good way via PLD?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Hendri Wessels

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How about trying this way :

1.Create a text Field :

2.Copy upto five time

3.Align all these towards left

4,.Create another text field with Semicolon :

5 . Copy upto five time and place it next to your field

This way you will avoid tab

Hope this helps

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Thanks for replying to my problem. I allready thought it was not possible myself, but wanted to be sure. The proposed solution by making 5 fields is not going to work, cause I am adding a predefined text in my lay-out (I can't split it up into several fields).

I kind of found myself a solution: When I change the tabs into whitespaces and I change the font in PLD into Lucida Timewriter, it does work, but that is not worlds most beautiful font ever...

If anyone could advise me about a likewise font that looks a little more modern that will solve my problem aswell.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hendri,

You have to create 5 text boxes and allign them as u want .

Rgds,

Premraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

The tab will not work under PLD. You may follow Bishal's advice or by adding SPACE and using non proportional font like New Courier to align them.

Thanks,

Gordon