cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log Error : Invalid Input Parameter %s for every SAP B1 Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

in my company we have performed SAP B1 upgrade from 2007A to 8.81 PL07, in two steps upgrading first to PL04.

Everything is working fine for all our clients, we are able to post and work normally with the system.

The only annoying problem is an error message coming up every minute for every client in the log:

SQLMessage Error I Technical Invalid input parameter: %s # # MID=-1 BOID=-1 BO= UserID=manager C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One\SAP Business One.exe Version=8.81.315 Area= PID=1316 TID=4340 D:\depot\BUSMB_B1\8.8_SP1_REL\SBO\8.8_SP1_REL\Application\__Engines\DBM\__DBMC_DataBase.cpp 9547

I couldn't find anything regarding this topic in the forum, only one similar post but unanswered.

We are using two server: one for the licence server and one for the database (the database server is clustered)

Does anyone have any idea about this? Has it ever happened to anybody?

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Was it working fine in last SAP Version and PL having with two saperate server SAP and Database? if yes then contact to SAP Support for same.

Thanks

Manvendra Singh Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply. In the previous version we only had one server for licence and database and was working fine.

The consultants agreed with us on the new architecture, so that we proceeded with this sort of installation.

Do you have any idea of what can be the cause of this error message?

Thanks

former_member196081
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did anyone try to run 8.8 upgrade after 8.81 successful up-gradation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

what do you mean exactly?

Thanks for your reply!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be related to alerts? If it is not impacting the usability, is it an issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

it is not affecting the usability, but it's generating big log files for every client, this is a thing i'd like to avoid.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just checked my log file from PL10 (latest version) and I see the same behaviour.

Perhaps log with SAP for diagnosis?

I am pretty sure the system runs a check every minute or so to see if any alerts need to be triggered, which may be where that is coming from?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

it must be a triggered action from the system. The only problem is that log files grow very big, few mb every day, and it is a situation that's not very ideal. And also i don't want to turn them off because it is always a good resource for other errors.

It is very strange that SAP hasn't noticed this behaviour and there isn't any note available for the purpose.

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any reasons you need to separate license to another server? It needs almost no resource at all. I don't know what benefits you got by that.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon do you think that is the reason why?

We have a clustered server for the Database, so we decided to have them separate.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is the top one possible reason. However, cluster may also take into account because it is not officially supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But you can have licence server in two different machines, and that is fully supported.

THanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can of course. However, it not means it is a preferable setting. Some error may be associated with it like your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for the tip.

Will see what i can do about it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The environment I tested in was single server for bothe, the log files were from the server client so the fact that you have them separated is irrelevant to this issue.

Not many people actually check the detail in the log files so I suspect it may not have been reported to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

i agree on the fact that few people actually check the log if the system is working anyway.

I really hope that an answer sooner or later will be provided. We have checked everything internally, SQL server logs, windows logs, checked the transactions, but we couldn't find anything internally.

Thanks for your help.

former_member206488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

set SQLlogger ="0" and Trace="0" in B1xml configurayion file.

Thanks,

Neetu