cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list of functional locations with lower level

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

I need to find out from a list of functional locations i have, which has a lower level (as opposed to being the lowest level) in the hierarchy.

how can i see that other than the structure?

thanks

Alisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doesn't a straight query from table IFLOT (Transaction SE16) where the Superior FL is not Initial satisfy your needs? The list of Superior FL from this output will get you all the FL that has a Lower level(Not necessarily the lowest level).

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

not sure I understand:

lets say I have FL called B: I run a search like you say, I get the superior level of B which is A.

I know that A has a lower level, B......running in circles.

I think the question is maybe not clear.

my question: I have a list of SPECIFIC FL: 312 to be precise.

I need to know, from these 312 FL, which has a lower level....

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is straight forward unless i am misunderstanding your question.

Enter all those 312 FL in the superior FL field in transaction SE16 of table IFLOT and run your query. The resulting output list will be those that have a lower level associated to the 312 FL.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

genius and so simple!! how could i miss it......thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean to say other than IH01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, if there is a way to see if a list of FL has an inferior level with IH01 it is fine for me.

but to my knowledge, it shows the superior FL or the structure, but by entering one FL only.

if there is anything i missed, i am glad to listen

Former Member
0 Kudos

every Functional location has a superior if you give the first superior functional location as the plant then continue giving hierarchy accordingly then you can arrive a t a situation where in IH01 if u enter the plant code and exucute you will see the entire list of functional location and thier lower hierarchy.

Hope iam clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you but that i knew as well.

i want to do the following:

I have a list a FL, on different levels and from different locations (hence: different superiors FL).

i want to enter the list of FL, in a table for instance or a transaction and be able to see which of thos have a lower level...and not make all these manipulations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try IL05 then here just enter your planning plant or your maintenance plant and execute you get list of all functional locations.

from the structure indicator you can identify how many are from lower heirarchy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

not really

if i have the highest level, i have no idea from the hundreds of FL, where mine are! if i have a 4th level for instance, i am not sure a 5th exist in that specific case and, to find them one by one is too long of a task.

all the IH01, IH06, OL05 etc i know (i think at least).

i need a solution for one, max 3 steps to see all

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can try this in ih01 u have the option to specify the levels above or levels below ..you can enter the lowest number and give it a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

and how can this help me? i still will not know if my list of FL has a level below.......

in IH01, if you enter the list of FL you can see the superior level.

i need to know if an inferior level exist, even if i do not see the actual FL of the inferior level (which can be more than one)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't tested this (or put too much thought into it either..)

But how about getting a list of flocs that have a superior floc.

Cut the list out from the above and paste it into the EXCLUDE list and run a second report

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see the point of this Pete: the list of FL I have, are at several different levels: most can have superior and sub levels of functional locations.

if I have aFL with superior level, it can have a lower level as well.....