cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linkage Between PIRs and Sales Order in STandard SAP or AFS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are implementing the concept of Planned Independent Requirements(PIRs) in SAP AFS.

Below is the process am following :

1. Create PIRs.

2. Create a Purchase Requisitions.

3. Create Sales Order.

I am using the concept of forward consumptiona and planning strategy 40 for the PIRs consumption.

Also I understand that the Sales order will consume the PIRs.But when I go the stock Requirements

list I dont see any changes happening.I mean I dont see any linkage between the Sales Order or the PIRs.

Please help on the above concept,Am trying to understand how does the concept of PIRs work and how can I simulate and see the results in SAP.What will happen to the PIRs and SO and how can I see the linkage that a Particular Sales Order has consumed the PIR.

Any help on this would be appreciable.

Thanks,

Jinen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am explaining the cycle of PIR.

Strategy group(which is used in MRP3) is the combination of different strategies.

The strategies are defined in this following Path

SPRO->Production->Production Planning>Demand Management>Planned Independent Requirements>Planning Strategy>Define Strategy.

Strategy is the combination of requirement types defined wrt demand managament(PIR)-PP area

and req types defined wrt customer(SD area).

These requirement types are assigned to requirement class.

PP area, to assign req type to req class,

Production Planning->Demand Management>Planned Independent Requirements->Requirements Types/Requirements Classes>Define requirements types and allocate requirements class.

In SD area, In OVZH u will assign req type to req class.

In PP area, this requirement class is defined in OMPO transaction where u will maintain Planning indicator,consumption indicator etc.....

In SD area, u will maintain it in OVZG transaction.

For Strategy 40 requirment class are 101, requirement type VSF, Customer req type is KSV

Just check for the above settings.

First create the PIR. Then create sale order. and check in MD04. PIR will get consumed based on the inwarded sales order.

Revert back for any clarification.

Thanks and Regds

Sridhara K N