cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to Rework order from Production Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am entering a variance code when I do an operation confirmation for the main production order and enter a rework quantity. The variance code is linked to user status which uses trigger point to create a separate Rework order. The only link I found between Rework Order and main Production order is that the main production order appears in the costs settlement rule of the Rework Order.

1. Is there any other link between the main production order operation for which I entered rework quantity and the separate Rework order?

2. When I enter 'Yield' or Scrap' quantity confirmations for the Rework Order, how is this information passed back to the main Production order? What effect does Rework order have on confirmation of main production order for subsequent operations?

3. The Rework Order is created without material number. So I cannot do a goods receipt for the Rework Order. How can I enter the delivered quantity for the Rework Order? How can I set the Final delivery flag?

Thanks for your feedback.

Satya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create the Rework order the way you said a relationship is established between the two orders which can be found in view CAUFV, field REFNR (also in AUFK-REFNR). In addition to the main Prod order becomes the settlement receiver of your rework order. I think its important to understand that the scope of the Rework order should be only to perform certain rework and not posting scrap or GR. That should happen on the main order only. Hence when you say the rework order gets created without material, thats in fact what you want. The material should return on to the main order after the rework is completed for which you should have an operation with a Rework control key and then you can continue confirming the remaining operations on the main order.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Anup.

Reward if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

I found your reply very helpful. I understand that with the trigger point I need to do two things: 1. Create the Rework order which will be used to perform rework. 2. Create a rework control key operation in the main production order to keep track of the rework quantity progress and use this to confirm scrap or yield in the main order. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Satya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the rework order is created what is the BOM in the rework order.

If you maintain parent material itself as a bom then you can do the goods receipts for the rework order

Rgds

Ranga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranga,

Thanks for your reply.

Satya