Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link DMS to BO thru archivelink

crepmaster
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Folk,

i have the requirment to upload a document in DMS ( and that's ok) and link the docuement with a specific Business Object thru archivelink.

Is there a FM to achieve this? Or after the upload in DMS how can i create the link?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search for 'Binary relationship' between objects, in SCN. You will find the answer.

Thanks,

Juwin

crepmaster
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you for your reply,

i have understood that i can create a link using

CALL METHOD cl_binary_relation=>create_link

EXPORTING

is_object_a = lv_object_a

is_object_b = lv_object_b

ip_reltype  = 'URL'.

but i can't understand how to get the url of the file stored in DMS

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to use another relation type, other than URL, when you are trying to attach a DMS document. Whenever you archive a document you will get back a archival ID, which is what you will use to create the binary relation.

Btw, how are you archiving the document? There are function modules in ABAP will archive the document, and create the relation all at the same time, so that you needn't do this explicitly.

Thanks,

Juwin

crepmaster
Participant
0 Kudos

the document ( pdf or jpeg) is first loaded in DMS using CVAPI_DOC_CREATE and CVAPI_DOC_CHECKIN. after having them loaded i wanted to create the link with the Business object.

witch FM can i use to do both action, i'm lost here.

Thanx

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are a lot of function modules starting with name ARCHIV_* Can you check if they are available in your system?

Have a look at this function that will create the relationship: ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT

Thanks,

Juwin

crepmaster
Participant
0 Kudos

yes they are available, may be i didn't look at them correctly because i could'nt understand witch data of the document store in dms to create the link. i will give a better look.

Thanx

Answers (0)