cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit management configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We have an requirement from our client regarding the configuration of limit management. We have configured it as per the SAP standard. We are facing the 2 issues as mentioned below

(1) We have created the limit type and limit for the combination of company code and business partner(BP). We posted the transaction and it working fine. But when it is exceeding the limit the system is giving the error message "LIMIT EXCEEDED". But it is allowing the user to post the entry. -

Our requirement is that the system has to stop the user from posting the entry when it exceeds its limit.

(2) We have created the limit with the combination of company code and BP.------Our requirement is to create the limit for the combination of business partner and ID number. But when we try to assign the character(ID number) in limit type, ID number is not yet created as character. -

Please provide the Tcode or the path for the creation of character, which needs to be displayed in limit type, assign charecter list.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a default setting of SAP , system is giving Warning , In this you to take the help of developer and said him to copy this message and add in enhancement with Error (Coverting W to E).

Your problem get resolved.

Regards

Narinder Pal Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the response!!!!!!

As suggested I have done the necessary configuration and I am able to add the ID number in the limit type.But now I am facing the issue that, when I am creating the transaction in FTR_CREATE, in DEFAULT RISK TAB we have the "Limit Utilisation Details" Icon. When we click on that TAB the system is not giving any responce i.e Its not showing any limit utilisation. It has to show the utilised amount.

Steps which I have followed

(1) I have done the config as suggested

(2) Created the limit for limit type in TBL1

(3) Run the t code KLNACHT

(4) Creating the Transaction in FTR_CREATE

Please guide on the same.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check is system is showing your Define analyiser characteristic in default risk tab.

if possible send the screen shot to narinderverma1atyahoo.co.in

Regards

Narinder Pal Verma

+91-9818882409

jitesh_chawla
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

Here are the answers to your queries.

1) Kindly go through the long text of the notes 950985 and 1030176. The correction instructions and MANUAL steps mentioned in these notes would help you customize the message about exceeding of limits as an error.

2) Security ID is not a standard limit characteristic. Now, there are 2 ways to get this as a limit characteristic:

a) If this is a characteristic in your analysis structure, you may get it to limit management by using the following path in customization:

Transaction SPRO -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Credit Risk Analyzer -> Limit Management -> Generated Characteristics -> Define Generated Characteristics

b) Define it as a free characteristic. However; in this case, you will have to enter all the values of security ids which may possible exist in your system. Not a good way obviously for security ids.

Regards,

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for your promopt response.

As suggested I have created the ID number as a characteristic in the analysis structure

(a) I have created the characteristic in the below path

Transaction SPRO -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Credit Risk Analyzer -> Limit Management -> Generated Characteristics -> Define Generated Characteristics.

But still I am not able to get the ID number as character in the drop down list in the below path

Transaction SPRO -> Financial Supply Chain Management -> Treasury and Risk Management -> Credit Risk Analyzer -> Limit Management -> Define Limit Types -> Assign Limit Characteristics

(b) Define it as a free characteristic. However; in this case, you will have to enter all the values of security ids which may possible exist in your system. Not a good way obviously for security ids. (can you please let me know were can we create and steps to be followed)

If you can share your contact detail or mail ID so that I can send you the screenshots for your better understanding.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that the security ID characteristic is part of your active analysis structure. This can be defined in basic analyzer settings or in MRM itself. Ensure that the ID is one of the characteristics in your structure. After this in the link mentioned above, you can add it to the generated characteristics so that you can use it in your limit management. Ensure that when you are creating ID as a generated characteristic, it has to run properly without any errors. It will take sometime to generate them depending on the system. Once it is there in the generated characteristic, it will be available in limit management for definition in limit types.

Regards,

Ravi