cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Asset Retirement and Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Client went live in 2006. They want to upload the legacy assets now. Their Requirement is they want to see the asset history report every year from 1985. So they would like to upload the leagcy asset every year from 1985 by changing the takeover date . But there are certain legacy assets acquired in 1985 and retired in the year 1990 .For some assets acquired in 1986 the percentage of depreciation is changed in 1994 .how to address this in SAP ?

Regards,

senthil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can upload all your assets through AS91.

You cannot retire assets before takeover took place, since these assets are to be maintained as 0 value assets means the APC values and accum dep for those asssets are to be same in the takeover values tab. One more thing you can do it for putting deactivation date in the asset master.

Since the field status for deactivate date field will be display, then change the field status to optional in the screen layout rule key, which is assigned to your retired assets.

For changing dep rate , you cannot maintain the historical dep keys in your asset master. APC values and Accum dep till last closed FY are to be maintained for those assets. And whatever dep keys you are going to maintain in the asset master now, it will calculates dep from now only.

Hope this is clear to you.

Thanks,

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinu,

But should i have to run the carry forward for assets every year after the legacy asset transfer?

If i am transferring the asset "X" on 31.03.1995 and the depreciation rate changes in 1998, then the legacy asset was laready loaded in production and the present fiscal year is 2009.how do i change the depreciation key for the asset?

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are doing upload of legacy assets each year wise, then you have to AJRW for every year.

Another way-- you can set your legacy asset takeover date as same as your last closed FY end date, by keeping this date as takeover date you may not be able to run any asset balances report with a report date, which is prior to your takeover date.

For ex: if your takeover date is 31.03.2009, then you cannot run balances report with a report date <31.03.2009

For dep rate changes issue----

You have create your legacy asset with a dep key, which should have the rate of dep from takeover date only.

Whatever depreciation rate changes happend before takeover cannot be maintained in the asset master, since SAP will not calculates dep prior to takeover date. Since system will calculates dep from 01.04.2009 (according to example date) with the rate, which is appilicable from 01.04.2009 only.

What you have to do is, you need to create your dep key with currenct dep rate only and maintain the same in your legacy asset. So while creating through AS91, you need to maintain the APC value (original purchase price) Accum dep ( this amount might have derived from various dep rate calculations outside system till takeover).

Thanks,

Srinu

Answers (0)