cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ledger Group vs. Ledger Specific Document Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me the value in having a document type that is purely used for tracking accounting principle specific adjustments (GAAP Adjustments / STAT Adjustments / IFRS Adjustments / etc.)? If you already have various ledger groups hitting various accounting principles using a standard accounting document why would you need a ledger specific document type and when would it be used in normal business transactions instead of using a ledger group / standard accounting doc type combination?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In my company I set up IFRS-leading ledger, 2 local ledgers for each comp. code.

Accounting key-user found it easier and more traceable to make ledger specific postings using one special doc.type / number range for each ledger (group). "normal" doc. types can only be used to make posting in all ledgers assigned to each comp. code.

With this setting they can easy identify ledger group specific postings from postings happened to all ledgers using the same account number.

But,as you mentioned, its not really necessary to do so.

BR Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One advantage that I see in having a non-leading ledger-specific document type is that you can have a unique number range assigned to that document type. With this, you will see the ledger-specific document numbers assigning serially from that range.