cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave Quota Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

How to address below scenario of Earned leave quota generation. Earned leave entitlement is 24 days.

First year of service it is on monthly accrual (eg: hiring date 01.01.2015. so employee will accrue 2 days/month). Post completion of 1 year of service, every year quota is given at the beginning of the year. So on 1st Jan 2016, employee will have 24 days of accrued leave (if unutilized) + 24 days of year 2016 leave in advance

I am using Schema TM04. I am accruing monthly quota with the help of a PCR. I am not sure about upfront quota second year onwards. Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Yes. You are right.

I am stuck up at 2 places. Really appreciate your help.

I have created base entitlements with sequence. First one with a time type (for accrual) with seniority 000-001 years. second one with a time type (for upfront) with seniority 001-999 years.

1. I am generating accrual quota on the last day of the month using operation LDYPP (check Loss of pay if any). Hence generating 2 days/ month. I have set Seniority as 000-001 as it has to be on accrual basis during the first service year. Your above example works as he was hired on 01.03.2015 and my PCR also works. Problem here is if DOJ is 15.03.2015, the quota on 16th March 2016 is not generating (because of seniority and I am generating quota on LDYPP)

2. On 16th march 2016, Upfront quota for the entire year 2016 should be given. Instead of prorating, it is generating 24 days.

Correct result should be, Jan-2 days, Feb-2 days, 16th March-1 day. 16th March-19 days should be available.

But with my PCR, I am getting Jan-2days, Feb-2 days, 16th March-Nil (no accrual), 16th March-24days (upfront). 3rd year onwards, on Jan every year it is given 24 days which is OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

Venkatesh: It is your scenario 1. The first year is calculated on his date of joining till he completes 1 year. (In other words, service anniversary). I tried with Seniority but somehow it  is not working..

Sankarsan: Second year means that after completion of 1year in the organization.

I have written an accrual rule with probation period logic (during probation no accrual). How to stop this on his service anniversary date and give him the remaining calendar year pro-rated quota upfront? I would need your help in this.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check with the below link which will give you an idea about the design process for your requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3787429

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankarsan.

I have created base entitlements with sequence. First one with a time type (for accrual) with seniority 000-001 years. second one with a time type (for upfront) with seniority 001-999 years.

It is working. But if the anniversary date is in the mid of the month, the second time type is generating flat 24 days. How to pro-rate quota which is given upfront?

Eg: Employee joined on 01.03.2015 and completing 1 year on 01.03.2016. In 2016, he should accrue 2 days for Jan, 2 days for Feb. Then upfront time type is generating 24 instead of 20days (from Mar - Dec). Please help.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Your requirement is like below.  Confirm it.

DOJAnniversery DateCalender Last
  Date
Quota
01.03.201501.03.2016 24days
01.03.2016 31.12.201620days
01.01.2017 31.12.201724days

Your DOJ and Anniversery date is fixed for the employee.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where we can assume the scenario in two ways.

One is exactly one year from the date of joining every month 2 days, later 24 days after a year of service which means seniority based below one year 2 days monthly, above 1 year 24 days for a year try to map it with base entitlement.

The other one is at any point of time he joins i.e lets assume 01.02.2014 till end of the year  monthly 2 days even though employee is not completed one year service 2 days for month accrual stops at the end of the year 31.12.2014 and 24 should be accrued beginning of the year 01.01.2015 in such cases try to map it with the help of PCR.

Regards

Venkatesh

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Second year it means that after completion of 1year in the organization or if employee is joined on 1st of July,2014 then 1st Jan,2015 would be the count as 2nd year.

Please clarify.

Regards,Sankarsan

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

can you give little more clarity on your issue with an example..  if employee doesn't utilize the leave of 2015, you need all the 2015 leaves to be carry forwarded to next year 2016.. what would be the case if employee has utilized 10 days in 2015, what should be carry forwarded to 2016,, can you come with an example?

Thanks

Sriram