cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

leasing materials from customer

raju_123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, in our business, some times we borrow some of the components from customers (in emergency) while making customer products and upon receiving our own components from vendors, we return that much qty to customers. how to get components from customers and return the same using sap? please advise some legal practice to implement this scenario.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

When u borrow do u pay for that or not?

Create the customer as vendor ,purchase it or get the materials as Free.If u purchase then u can do as vendor returns,after u receive the materialsfrom ur original vendor.

Edited by: Murugan mgl on Nov 13, 2009 12:38 PM

raju_123
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Murugan, Can u elaborate what are the steps required to get the materials as free from customer after defining customer as vendor?

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

u mitook my answe.I have told that u create the customer as vendor.Then from the Vendor(Customer),u can get the material as

free goods,by ticking the free goods indicator in the PO

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Proceed as follows, this may be one solution and not the only solution.

1) Create a return sales order with RE as the document type.

2) Post PGR ( To receive stock from your customer to the returns stock )

3) DO NOT process Credit Note ( Let the Sales order be open )

4) Do a transfer posting with 453 mvt type to move stock from returns stock to the plant owned stock.

5) Now the stock available from step 4 is ready for use to other customers on urgency basis.

6) When you receive the Goods from the vendor to supply back to the Customer ( From whom we have borrowed )

7) Cancel the PGR which we have processed in step 2.

😎 Delete the line item of the sales order created in STep 1.

With this we will be able to understand how much we have borrowed from which customer.

Thanks and Regards,

Dilli babu R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better try to keep this out of SAP if possible. I had this requirement in my previous client. We can create that Customer as Vendor - u may create separate vendor acc grp here to avoid any confusions. If u r ready to create a PO for this also, u go ahead, create PO, then GR. Normally we will not do the invoice posting or payment here. When u receive material from your Vendor, create a return del wrt that GR doc & close the PO. same acc entries will get reversed.

2. Simply do the GR with 501 mvmt type & cancel the GR doc when u send the material back to your customer. Enter the price if u want & if u cancel the GR doc the same price will pick.

regds,

CB