cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading Ledger 4-4-5 vs. Non Leading -Calendar Months. How to calculate Actual Cost for Non Leading Ledger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently we are following 4-4-5 calendar in Leading Ledger which is based on US GAAP. Now while implementing for Russia, we need to have Non Leading Ledger based on Calendar Month based Fiscal Year Variant.

Currently we follw Actual Costing through Material Ledger for US Gaap. As Russian Accounting Standard also need Actual Cost Calculation, we need to understand how Actual Rate Calculation is possible for NLL.

We are also aware of the new functionality in EHP6 i.e. FIN_CO_COGM, but as the end date is different in LL and NLL ledger, it looks difficult to get what is required.

Any suggestions on the same. Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding the "actual cost" for the NLL.

What I have done for one of my clients with a similar requirement, is as follows: In CO we copy the leading ledger actuals to a special plan version. We delete/make 0 the cost elements which are change in the NLL. (it was mostly depreciation) and then posted depreciation using NLL rules into this plan version. Any other differences would need to be posted manually, which was acceptable in our case, because there was very little else that affected costing.

We then proceeded to recost in this plan version. Because we were using the actual results, we had "actuals", in this plan version. We then used the new costing results to revalue stock.

Not perfect, but it gives a reasonable answer.

former_member253922
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

A good solution when ML AVR is not to be activated.

Thanks for sharing the scenario.

Regards

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piet,

Thanks for sharing the workaround.

The issue is going for this solution or CKMLCPAVR is the fiscal year variant. Our NLL follows calendar months in Fiscal year variant whereas LL is on 4-4-5 which means for LL, 23rd Sept is period end. Now I can not run CKMLCPAVR based on NLL as CKMLCPAVR will still consider 23rd sept as calendar assigned to Controlling Area is 4-4-5.

Kindly provide feedback in case you have workaround for this.

former_member253922
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Just an idea - can be wrong

Can Concept of Ledger Group/Representative Ledger work in this scenario.

The posting periods will be from the Representative Ledgers.

Have only NLL in Ledger Group and make one of them as Representative Ledger [in case you have more than one NLL] else have a single NLL in the Ledger Group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Unfortunately, ML follows Controlling Area posting periods ( which are same as leading ledger ) and not ledger / representative ledger specific period. Thanks for the hand of help but.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any suggestion ?

former_member253922
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you explore the CKMLCPAVR.

This transaction gives ability to post to non leading ledger.

Regards

Venkat