cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using PNP as LDB, when i give Pernr & org unit as selection criteria it is also picking up records which doesnot have a org unit assigned, it is picking up all the records Properly except it is also picking records which does not have a org unit......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u elaborate on person selection period

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Period is standard selection of database PNP. You get it, when you specify PNP as logical database in report attributes.

Person selection period:

When you enter a person selection period, the system selects only those employees who are members of the enterprise on at least one day in the specified period. These are persons with a valid Organizational Assignment (0001) record. Entries in the standard selection options fields limit the personnel numbers that are selected. You can specify an interval by entering the start and end dates in the left and right columns respectively.

Other period (Data selection period):

The data selection period enables you to specify the period in which employee data records are read. Only records which overlap with the specified period by at least one day are selected. To define an interval, enter the start date in the left column and the end date in the right column.

Or see my first example.

Herbert

Message was edited by: Herbert B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Herbert,

I am getting records matching selection criteria Except Those blank records.....

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi madhu,

you specified the same date on both date-ranges? What if you check the field "Today" an leave dates empty?

There are some reports that do not take care of entries in "other period". Which one do you use? Is it SAP or your own abap?

Herbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Herbet,

How we can get records matching Selection criteria using LDB......

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi madhu,

sorry, I don't think there is a standard way to achieve this.

At least results will match, if you choose the same single date for both date-ranges, because org-data will not change on one day.

Herbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmed ,

same with 0 ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

I tested in 4.6c and ECC 6.0 system with two employees. one with orgunit and one without it. I have put both the employee numbers in pernr and org unit 'Not equal to' <blank> or '0' or '00000000'. It has selected only the employee with org unit in it.

Regards,

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ahmed,

I have tried ,Since org unit is numeric it has a initial value of '00000000' and even if i put ORGEH not equal to '00000000' it is picking the record with '00000000' org unit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello madhu,

Its not '00000000' but only '0' in database. Please try either leaving it blank or just putting '0' in it.

Regards,

Ahmad

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi madhu,

selection criteria in PNP are just used to determine the pernrs which meet them.

For these pernrs then all wanted data is selected. This data then is not checked against this criterias.

An Example:

Pernr 4711 has benn assigned to costcenter 10 from 01.01.2004 until 31.12.2004. On 01.01.2005 costcenter changes to 20.

If you now select all employees with costcenter 10 and list their costcenters, you will get both costcenters 10 and 20.

Most reports which use PNP have to sets of date-ranges:

- Person selection period that controls selection of pernr.

- Other period that controls selection of data.

If you set person selection period in above example to 01.01.2004 and other period to 01.01.2005 and select costcenter 10 you will in fact get employee 4711 with costcenter 20 shown.

Same effect with org-unit or any other selection criteria.

Hope this helps!?

Herbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

Have you tried putting 'Not equal to' space(leave it blank) in org unit selection field to ignore people who doesn't have got any org unit assigned to them?

Regards,

Ahmad