Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch Leave Approver Application without using UWL

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Feedback from initial UAT has been that the users find the UWL awkward to use and the leave approval process has too many steps. They would be happier if they could get to their list of leave applications requiring approval directly ie avoiding the UWL.

Is this possible? In portal content it is possible to open the Leave Approver iview directly and previewing the iview appears to be OK. However when I add this link into the Navigation in our custom MSS role and access through MSS the same iview appears to be blank.

Is it possible to access this application directly?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

refer notes 1133577 1133315

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for info about how to remove steps. However we have the problem that so far we have not been able to figure out how to export the item into NWDS and then exporting back again.

Any clues as to how to access the leave request application avoiding UWL

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can build all the applications that can work like leave application and CATS approvals.

All these functionalities will work without UWL and with uwl.

If you want to make use of uwl then call this using a document workflow and configure the name of the application with task in SWFVISU transaction. Otherwise you can utilise these applications without workflows and UWL.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am glad you were able to achieve your functionality and thanks for sharing your valuable inputs on how you did it, Thanks again, please close this thread.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to have UWL

clwalker
Participant
0 Kudos

Just as an update we have managed to do this avoinding the UWL and it appears to work fine. Just created a new page with the leaver request approver iview on it. My initial problems with the link from the portal were down to my home page configuration and nothing to do with the fact that you need to use the UWL.

We do intend to use the UWL in the future when more functionality is incorporated, it just seemed overkill for one wrkflow application.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes i think you can possibly do so, Also you can reduce the number of steps in the approval

of leave request, by modifying using Self service administrator