cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Pack for STVN 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody, how are you doing

Our customer needs to apply the Language Pack in his environment, running the STVN 3.0, but it seems not released yet...

As this note (1514564) said, it should be released in 2010 ("Language Pack will be made available in Q4/2010

"), but we cant still find it

Are we making a mistake or this Language Pack is really delayed?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

What languages are you looking for? The following are available in 3.0:

English

Chinese

Japanese

Swedish

German

Dutch

Italian

Spanish

French

Hebrew

Danish

Russian

Korean

Portuguese

They need to be enabled in SettingsResources.xml. You need to look for SAPLangKeys, LangFields and LangDefault. Let us know if you cannot enable them in the file.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke

Thanks for your quick reply!

I'll try and I give you a return

Very thanks

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Did this work for you? It might be worth mentioning that the key names to use are those in the list of languages I gave you.

Best regards,

Luke

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some info I got from Nakisa (Feb 2011)...

the languages are "standard" in 3.0 (as Luke says) but there are some "known" issues with blank values or mis-translated values which are due to be fixed in the 3.0 language pack which is due out shortly (probably shortly after 3.0 SP1 which is in beta testing).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

sorry to interfere in an exisiting thread of another user, but if I understood your answer right then it is possible to enable one or more of these languages without installing a language pack for VSN 3.0?

If so, I copied the entry for "LangFields" English and substituted English with German in SettingsResources.XML of my built in the .delta folder. German as well as French are already enabled in SAPLangKeys statement. That would be all?

Kind regards

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

That is correct. As Nakisa said, you may need to enhance your language because some keys may not be correct or may not exist. The method you specified should be correct. I have used it before for several clients using more languages than just English.

Good luck!

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

thanks for your answer.

I just tried it and it kind of worked for the admin console which, however, became very unstable, especially with publishing. No pressure for this at the moment, so I think I'll wait for language pack.

Best wishes

Daniel

Edit:The unstable behaviour resulted from an error made by me: instead of adding the language in the LangFields statement of English, I added another LangFields entry for the new language. It seems everthing's fine now. Thanks again, Luke.

Edited by: Daniel Kropp on Mar 8, 2011 3:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Have a look at the SMP next Friday.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

thanks a lot for the hint!