cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSV5 - Actual distribution post more than one document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've posted a cost center cycle actual distribution by using KSV5 transaction, cost center group and cost element group. The sys post two or more CO document insted of one and not in a progressive way. Why?

Is it a bug of the system?

Thanks

Giovanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How many segments are there in your cycle?

As far as I could recollect, for each segment/cost center, it posts one CO document..

I dont know what you mean by "not in a progr way"

Can you check if no of CO docs = no of sender cost centers ?

Regards

Ajay M

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

It does not necessary go by the formula segment=document; there could be other factors. For example, a very simple one - number of items in one single document.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

I've one segment, one cost center sender, 369 cost center receiver and 11 cost element.

For progressive way I mean that the documents through which I've posted the distribution cycle are not X and X1 but for example X and X203...

I've had no error message in posting, the complete posting is correct but I dont uderstand why the sys has posted two documents insted of one and why not in a progressive manner.

Giovanna

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No ranges do jump some times on account of buffer maintained in the system.. It depends on the settings by your BASIS guys.. You can approach them saying that no ranges are not sequential

As regards the no of docs, i think you should not worry... It is taken care by the system.. may be in your case the no of receivers r too huge, so that may be the reason

For missing no ranges, you can definetely contact your BASIS team

Regards

Ajay M

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giovanna,

As I said, it's normal and should not pose any problem for you. Anyway, if you reverse, for example, the entire cycle results, the system will know to treat all the documents in question via the connection stroed in T811D table. The factors for creation of multiple documents could be various: number of items, controlling subkey value, auxiallary account assignment, etc.

For the 'jumping' of document numbers I wouldn't worry too much as well (though, this issue could be treated via SNR0 transaction), since it's internal CO documents and not FI. In some countries there are regulations which demand consequent document numbers, but this concerns only 'official' FI documents posted in general ledger.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You said "I dont uderstand why the sys has posted two documents insted of one and why not in a progressive manner."

in the bold line i still don't understand what it means??

Thanks...

Please, read carefully the whole log and you'll see

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the exhaustive response!

Giovanna

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, it's not a bug. System could post several documents during a single run. You can see all the relevant documents posted in T811D table.

Regards,

Eli