cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM Content - Logon popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an iView and used that iView to store the KM content like folder/sub folders and files. Now the problem is when we upload the files in the folders and then try to open the files as a normal user. All the microsoft files like word, excel, powerpoint, when we open them, we get a pop up to give our network user name/password and it's coming every time which is not acceptable. Other files like PDF are ok, we don't get any popups in this case. Only Microsft word, excel, powerpoint files generates a popup, so even if we cancel the pop up with out entering the credentials - the document will be opened.

Any idea what's wrong...any property settings on Iview level or any other thing....

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dpitp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sal,

did you solved this problem?

Anyone?

We run 7.3 and can not open Excel without complications.

No problems for PDF or Word.

I assume there is a dependency to the MS Office Version which was used to create the document, i.e. Excel 2003 or 2010.

E.g. User A creates an Excel with Excel 2003 -> User B is using Excel 2010 and tries to open it.

But really - that is just an assumption.

Any solving advice?

thanks

Darijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone found solution for this issue.  We are also facing a similar issue, while opening a KM doc its prompting for credentials and its hapening with only few Browsers(IE 8 and IE 9).  Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it's related to local file settings or IE settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not related to all files, only specific to some iViews. In some iViews I can open word document without any pop up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the authentication mode in the iviews, you have created?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you mean 'Authentication Scheme'? If so, I have changed it to all possible authentication schemes but it would not work. The iViews for which I am not having problem has auth scheme as default.

The problem is not solved yet.

Thanks,

Edited by: WD ABAP on Jan 13, 2012 6:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started from scratch, created an iView of type KM Navigation, created a folder and uploaded a file in it. And then in iView provided the initial path to this folder. At the end I added this iview to HOME workset.

Now i repeated the same exercise in DEV and Sandbox system. In Sandbox it's running pretty well with out pop up. But the same thing when I try to open a word document gives me a pop up. Now on two different machines it's giving two different pop ups, on one machine it gives user name/password popup. And on other machines it gives Windows Security-->>Certificate pop up.

It's strange.

The same thing is running well in Sandbox.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems like there could be several things wrong. How about reproducing the issues and check the default trace file in the portal?

You might face SSO configuration problems as well as non-configured security zones.